help...dead cell phone

deafsound

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
i arrrghhmmmmpppth
I've managed to kill my third cell phone this year and I'm not due for a free one from verizon any time soon.
Does anyone have an old phone that they wouldn't mind passing along to a fellow pilot for short money? I don't really care what it is, as long as it will work with verizon.
Thanks

I've managed to kill my third cell phone this year and I'm not due for a free one from verizon any time soon.
Does anyone have an old phone that they wouldn't mind passing along to a fellow pilot for short money? I don't really care what it is, as long as it will work with verizon.
Thanks

I'm pretty sure I have one at the house that's no longer in use. You can have it for the price of shipping. If interested PM me your info and it'll be in the mail.

Sorry only I only have GSM ones. How did you kill it? Can you go to V and purchase a new one or get this one repaired?

It got rained on. It stopped working, then it started working, then it stopped then started again, now it's not working. The thing hangs up on me, and the mic is broken.

I actually bought a used one from someone on craigslist, but the guy gave me the wrong charger and now isn't returning my emails, so I think I got scammed. It was only $25, but still....

EBay. I got a new in box replacement there for a small fraction of what VZ would charge. They've been hounding me for three months now to sign a new contract - I've told 'em to pound sand.

EBay. I got a new in box replacement there for a small fraction of what VZ would charge. They've been hounding me for three months now to sign a new contract - I've told 'em to pound sand.

Heh. I got mine which is UNLOCKED and like new on eBay with good luck, although I have gotten burned before.

What reason do they have to get you sign a new contract? Just so you can't jump to an iPhone? "Mr. Suffa, you haven't called us for anything so by answering this call you've agreed to a new 2 year contract..." :rolleyes:

Dave, I'll check at home to see what I have if I have a decent one its yours for shipping.

Heh. I got mine which is UNLOCKED and like new on eBay with good luck, although I have gotten burned before.

What reason do they have to get you sign a new contract? Just so you can't jump to an iPhone? "Mr. Suffa, you haven't called us for anything so by answering this call you've agreed to a new 2 year contract..." :rolleyes:

I got an unlocked GSM phone on eBay, too, with good success (it was shipped directly from Asia).

Na, the offer for a new contract was "1000 anytime minutes that will never expire". Had they looked at my record, they'd discover that I don't ever go over my allotment. I simply told the guy who called (on my cell, no less) that *if* I had to sign a new contract, I would be doing so with a different carrier. Oh, and don't call again.

It got rained on. It stopped working, then it started working, then it stopped then started again, now it's not working. The thing hangs up on me, and the mic is broken.

I actually bought a used one from someone on craigslist, but the guy gave me the wrong charger and now isn't returning my emails, so I think I got scammed. It was only $25, but still....

I'm not sure how this works, but I have a Sprint Phone that is CDMA, will that work on Verizon's CDMA network? I know Sprint will NOT activate a phone that is not one of their own....

You find the answer to that, and I'll get you a new phone.

thanks to you all for stepping up and offering to help me. You all are the best!

Back