Help a Kid with an Comercial Aviation Survey...

Warlock

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Warlock
My youngest daughter goes to school in France and is in the last semester of her four year degree in International business in Renne. She is doing a thesis and needs help with part of it looking at an American Airline system of carriers in general and there loyalty programs and she narrowed it down to three which symbolize Legacy, Value and Cheap...( United, Southwest, and Spirit) if you would consider helping out an American kid get out of school and help with a three min survey I would appreciated it...if there ever was an opinion this is the place to find it...

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KX5XN2H

Put a face with the project...bonus points if you know where this is...

upload_2017-3-15_13-22-25.png

Cute kid. No idea where that's at, but hopefully graduation means that you'll be able to put more money toward aviation!

Survey done. But I would caveat the results (as I did in the comments) that some of the responses may change depending on whether the flight is a short hop (LA to San Francisco, or Phoenix) versus a longer haul flight (LA to New York).

Good luck to your daughter!

I started to take the survey, and realized that I have two entirely different sets of responses depending on whether I'm flying for business or personal reasons. I'm a cheap basta if I'm paying for the ticket, otherwise, it's all about business class with free booze and food, and sleeping capability.

Not that I have any culture or anything, but that place reminds me of the Louvre.

Oh; cute kid. I hope she makes you proud with her intellect too.

...responded...but little help...don't fly commercially...a pilot and decorated Vet..Commercial Aviation's too; Costly/unfriendly/delayed/unreasonable searches/lost luggage/ maintenance a "D" at best....I fly myself, or don't go at all!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done.

OBTW: Palais Royal, Paris.

Nauga,
and his wandering eye

Done, although I was ambivalent about a few of the questions. For example, I don't care about snacks, but I prefer the staff to be friendly.

Also, isn't the name of the airline "Spirit", not "Spirt"? At first I thought it was a typo, but then I realized it was spelled that way each time. Back to school!! ;)

Done. Having worked for a French company and spending more time than I care to in France, in particular Paris, never made it to this location.

I did not fill it out, because I'm an outlier. I travel airlines at minimum 2 round trips a month, sometimes 3-5 and my only selection criteria is schedule. If I can get a direct flight or the best departure times or shortest duration including layovers, that's what drives my choice.

I don't care about loyalty programs. I was loyal to Continental for over 2 decades, and my days of taking a trip thru a hub for loyalty are behind me. Because I spread my ticket dollars amongst many (United, Delta, American, Air Canada), I end up being on the lowest tiers of multiple loyalty programs and thus don't get much out of it.

I'd rather be home with the family sooner, so schedule is my main driver.

Not that I have any culture or anything, but that place reminds me of the Louvre.

Oh; cute kid. I hope she makes you proud with her intellect too.

You win the bonus points...Louvre it is...as the only degree seeking American in her program she is an outlier as well...Kids have to define them self's differently these days to get a job. For every starting position there is hundreds of newly degreed business majors...She has done that by being awarded two different International Business and marketing degrees from the University she attends now and one in Leuven Belgium which is her home school....She currently has multiple job offers on graduation because she did it different. FYI the cost was half what it is here at a State School here in Texas and probably got a better education....

Clicking on a link . . .what could go wrong. . .

Clicking on a link . . .what could go wrong. . .
Lot's of things but the hover-the-mouse thing jibed with the stated link and VirusTotal reports it is safe, 0/64
I realize that's no guarantee, which is why I did it on my throw-away laptop.

Back