Help a bro with a website check?

Does the website look correct on your tablet?

• It does not look correct

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
My (author) website is in my signature. Here is the issue - it looks fine on desktops. It looks fine on phones. Squarespace does not have a tablet view, and when I pull up my website on my iPad, it looks mostly okay but the wave section separators do not match the adjoining section styles as they should. In other words, there is a squiggle through the top and bottom graphics, vs. a smooth transition.

The thing is, my browser is way out of date. My iPad is way out of date. I can't update to any IOS past 10, and all of the third party browsers require a newer IOS than I have.

Before I go changing anything, can you tablet people take a look and report if it looks correct? You might have to open it on a desktop or phone as well for comparison if it isn't obvious.

My (author) website is in my signature. Here is the issue - it looks fine on desktops. It looks fine on phones. Squarespace does not have a tablet view, and when I pull up my website on my iPad, it looks mostly okay but the wave section separators do not match the adjoining section styles as they should. In other words, there is a squiggle through the top and bottom graphics, vs. a smooth transition.

The thing is, my browser is way out of date. My iPad is way out of date. I can't update to any IOS past 10, and all of the third party browsers require a newer IOS than I have.

Before I go changing anything, can you tablet people take a look and report if it looks correct? You might have to open it on a desktop or phone as well for comparison if it isn't obvious.
Looks normal to me. The wave separators between "Action Adventure Author" and the gray-background book listings appears to be well formatted. Same with the section on the bottom.

This is using an iPad 9th gen with ios v16 and safari browser.

Looks fine here. Galaxy Tab S7 with Chrome.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240315_145939_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240315_145939_Chrome.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
Yep, looks fine on my iPhone/Chrome once I got past looking at the other Alex Ryan author pseudonym.

You can also try Chrome/Firefox web dev tools and set the device emulation for a quick check of layout. They don't emulate the render engine quirks but most of those should be subtle to non-existent these days.

Looks good on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite in both portrait and landscape.

Clever marketing trick to get clicks... Just kidding lol. Looks fine on my end.
I know, right! The truth of the matter though is that I've learned that promoting the website for the purpose of selling books is more or less worthless. Promoting individual books on the other hand, works. Things have changed a lot in the last ten years. Back when I started, the idea of using Facebook for promotion was a laughable. These days it's the most effective thing out there short of massive budget trade publisher ad campaigns. Last year when I released Area 91, it became my second best selling book over an eight year period in the course of one month.

I shamelessly post my works here in the Sac's Hack thread not for the purpose of selling to the POA (not that I would turn away sales) but to just share what Sac is up to and what makes the kid tick.

Back