Hello.

Martin257

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Martin257
Hi, for my 21st birthday, I had a trial flying lesson and absolutely loved it. I have always dreamed of flying and there is no feeling like it. I am therefore very interested in taking flying lessons on a regular basis and achieve a pilots license. During this incredible journey which starts Wednesday, I thought it would be cool to join this type of forum to discuss with fellow pilots. I'm from the Uk and will be flying in a Cessna 152.

You have come to the right place, Martin. Welcome! You might also want to join www.studentpilot.com. These are the places where your questions will be answered (with an occasional snarky comment, but ignore those).

Bob Gardner

Thanks Bob....that one less student around here...and who needs those!

(sarcasm)

Welcome, Martin. Enjoy the learning experience.

Welcome, Martin. There's nothing like flying, and nothing like this place to talk about flying!

It's quite the journey. Lots to learn, but it is applied learning. Physics, weather, mechanical knowledge, self appraisal and awareness. Life is good when you fly.

Good luck.

"Pilots of America" is now "Pilots of America...and one British guy".

Welcome to the Forum! Keep us updated on your progress! I don't get to visit this forum very often due to my hectic schedule, but I lurk around occasionally!

No, we have a worldwide appeal! Martin certainly isn't the first Brit we have here! All are welcome! And a special welcome to Martin!

Hi, for my 21st birthday, I had a trial flying lesson and absolutely loved it. I have always dreamed of flying and there is no feeling like it. I am therefore very interested in taking flying lessons on a regular basis and achieve a pilots license. During this incredible journey which starts Wednesday, I thought it would be cool to join this type of forum to discuss with fellow pilots. I'm from the Uk and will be flying in a Cessna 152.

Martin-

Where in UK are you based? Tell us more, we are Thirsty Sponges Seeking Knowledge. Or something like that.

:D

Martin-

Where in UK are you based? Tell us more, we are Thirsty Sponges Seeking Knowledge. Or something like that.

:D

Hi,

I am based in a little town in the midlands called Worcester and will be taking lessons in Gloucestershire. You may need to look it up on the map:).

Actually pilots of America and two British guys here....:lol:

Welcome Martin, I'm sure you will like it here, although I am also a Brit. I spend most of my time here on POA rather than on the British aviation forums.

Then again as I chose to do my PPL training in the US and fly in the US more than i do in the UK I feel I kind of belong here...:D

Welcome. For those of us who are still learning this is a great resource, because there are a few here who are convinced they know it ALL :D

Welcome aboard.

Welcome. I am a student as well. Wish I had done this at your age. Lots of good info and help here for sure! :)

Welcome. All my glider time (all 0.4 hours of it :D ) is from a flight in the UK (York). You'll find this site a good place to hang out.

Welcome Martin - I am a newbie here myself. This forum has been a great place for me to listen and learn during my primary training (and occasionally ask stupid questions).

First lesson was enjoyable. Just getting used to controls whilst I have logbook and checklist for the development. I have two text books which I must get stuck into straight away. I am also thinking about software such as flight simulator which may be of use people reckon. Good times.

Haha yes I though about that when signing up. This seemed the best forum and it is interesting to hear other views from across the pond.

The air is the same so planes fly the same in both places! We just don't sound as cool on the radio. :). Welcome!

Back