Hello!

SOB8604

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
OB
Been lurking here for a little bit, time to get involved!

Newly minted PPL (August) flying out of a club at BED in Massachusetts, kicking the tires on delving into the world of ownership as I get ready for IR and continue my climb to 250 and beyond! Looking forward to the discussions

KBED! That's where I did some Arrow time while I was on a project in Bellerica.

And if I'm not mistaken it is the home airport of @Cajun_Flyer.

Welcome.

Welcome!

KBED! That's where I did some Arrow time while I was on a project in Bellerica.

And if I'm not mistaken it is the home airport of @Cajun_Flyer.

Welcome.

No, she was flying out of Hanscom AFB, at least it used to be an AFB. Maybe a joint field. Still AF there regardless.

Thanks!

FWIW Hanscom field the airport itself is civilian owned and operated by Massport (also operates BOS and now Worcester) The USAF side (Hanscom AFB) of things is non-flight related, electronic, cyber stuff. They do have a small ramp and occasionally there is some military traffic, but vast majority is civilian aircraft.

Welcome! Im out of 1B9. There’s a good group of us locally that get together for lunches and stuff.

Been lurking here for a little bit, time to get involved!

Newly minted PPL (August) flying out of a club at BED in Massachusetts, kicking the tires on delving into the world of ownership as I get ready for IR and continue my climb to 250 and beyond! Looking forward to the discussions

Welcome to joint. 250 eh. Sounds like you want to go commercial

Welcome got my ticket at BED,1969. Now fly out of OWD in summer,SRQ fall,spring, winter. Enjoy the board ,will look forward to your input.

Welcome to joint. 250 eh. Sounds like you want to go commercial

That's the plan, lucky to have a good career now which can support my dream of flying and hopefully/potentially/maybe a job in the future.

And anyplace that throws in some classic Gun N' Roses in the intro thread must be promising!

Welcome got my ticket at BED,1969. Now fly out of OWD in summer,SRQ fall,spring, winter. Enjoy the board ,will look forward to your input.

I imagine there must have been some military stuff still flying at BED back in those days.

I imagine there must have been some military stuff still flying at BED back in those days.

No, only during WW2 when the Army leased the airport from Massachchetts. P-40s trained there.

300px-HanscomP40.jpg

Back