hello quick question about an upgrade in progress

beechcraft flyer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
beech pilot
My bonanza is in for a gtn750 and 2 g5's upon near completion my avionics guy is having a difficult time getting the stec60 autopilot to sync up the the heading bug on the g5. Is this a common issue at times if the heading bug is turned left or right the auto pilot wants to go left and keep going. Something was mentioned about resistors or voltage or perhaps the turn coordinator may not be working as should. Trying to get some feedback amongst some of you avionics guys. he seems not to worried but i am lol

Usually the STEC head needs to get modified for the G5 to work. Call Approach Fast Stack & talk to Tim.

My avionics guy had to change a resistor in my STEC-50 when I installed G5s, so I wouldn’t be surprised that you need the same. He knew it was going to be needed before starting the work, presumably from experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What DG/HSI did you have in the airplane before? Unless you happened to have had a King KI525 (or something else emulating that) you for sure would have to get the roll computer restrapped (resistor network changed) to get it set up for a KI525 system. The G5 emulates the KI525, so if your roll computer was previously set up for something like a 52D54M DG, it's definitely not going to work right. There should also be a sticker on the outside of the roll computer indicating what it is set up for.

he solved the problem it was what you guys said a resistor thanks

Back