Hello (New to Forum)

ironnerd

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
ironnerd
Hello everyone.

I'm an A&P and Pvt Pil (SEL). I do not own a plane yet, but do have access to an AA-1A (such a fun plane). Whenever I can I trade mx hours for flt time. But lately, I've been too busy to even go that route.

-John

where you at... someone got one of those grunions recently.

I am located at Cartersville Airport. North-West of Atlanta.
This particular Grooman has been at the airport for about 20 years.

Well... you seem like a friendly bunch. :)

@TRocket : Thank-you!
@Skywalker : I visit your area a couple times a year. My wife is from Melvindale.
@AKBill: A&P since 1993. Mostly turbines though - Jetsream 3100's up through 747-400. Currently writing build instructions for C-130/LM-100.
@Skyrys62: Even worse, I'm afraid. "Adams"

My parents were not very creative, but they were patriotic.

As I said, I don't have a plane at this time. I do have a Hirt 2702 and an instrument panel from a CGS Hawk. I was going to fix the plane up, but there were complications.
1. It was a flown as a FAT ultralight with a 10 gal tank.
2. The grace period for rolling it into an LSA closed long before I got the plane and the FAA said, "Sorry, No." (but I had to ask).
3. It had been crashed twice.
4. The wings were destroyed in a fire (fuselage was in a different building).

My current plan is to build a Team 1700R Hi-Max.

Last edited:
A plane from the Grumman Ironworks and a homebuilt. Good Combo and fun either way:).

Enjoy the forum.

Cheers

My parents were not very creative, but they were patriotic.

As I said, I don't have a plane at this time. I do have a Hirt 2702 and an instrument panel from a CGS Hawk. I was going to fix the plane up, but there were complications.
1. It was a flown as a FAT ultralight with a 10 gal tank.
2. The grace period for rolling it into an LSA closed long before I got the plane and the FAA said, "Sorry, No." (but I had to ask).
3. It had been crashed twice.
4. The wings were destroyed in a fire (fuselage was in a different building).

My current plan is to build a Team 1700R Hi-Max.

What are your plans for the 2702? I have a youth program that is currently building an Ultra-Lite Pietenpol (pictures at youth.eaa690.net) and we're looking for a powerplant in the 40-50HP range for it.

Welcome to the POA funny farm... Enjoy!!!!:goofy:
Thank-you. I like the idea of an aviation-oriented funny-farm :). I figure I'll fit in just fine.

What are your plans for the 2702? I have a youth program that is currently building an Ultra-Lite Pietenpol (pictures at youth.eaa690.net) and we're looking for a powerplant in the 40-50HP range for it.
Well, I am looking at building a Team Hi-Max around it. You're not too far away in Hoschton (I used to launch rockets there). What are the kids building?

Thank-you. I like the idea of an aviation-oriented funny-farm :). I figure I'll fit in just fine.

Well, I am looking at building a Team Hi-Max around it. You're not too far away in Hoschton (I used to launch rockets there). What are the kids building?
An Ultra-Lite Pietenpol at KLZU

An Ultra-Lite Pietenpol at KLZU

Duh.... I even read that! LOL!!!!
I'm afraid the 2702 would be too heavy for a 103-legal UL.

I'm actually out of KVPC, but live right next to Dobbins ARB.

Last edited:
Back