Hello from West Palm Beach

landairsea

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
landairsea
Hi all. I am a new private Pilot as of November. Looking to meet other pilots in the area for trip ideas and to fly together. Currently checked out in 172, Alarus CH-2000, Liberty XL-2, and Diamond DA-40.

Welcome...there is a wealth of great knowledge from the members on board. Again welcome!!

Welcome! Are you at F45? Or LNA? I used to go to LNA to fly with a friend but he moved out of state.
We're kind of far from each other but maybe can meet halfway, along with others, for $100 hamburgers.

F45. But getting checked out tomorrow in an Archer III out of LNA to keep the options open! $100 burger sounds great!

-Alex

Howdy. I fly the yellow citabria out of LNA.

I fly out of KTMB but went up to F45 for pizza in the Luscombe soon after getting my tailwheel (see my YT channel for video from that trip).

If you have any plans to head south, drop me a PM and we can hook up. I also try to make the monthly seminar/BBQ at American Flyers in KPMP. I have a C-182 reserved for 3/2/13. 24N, so keep an eye out and say hi if you are there.

Welcom and congrats on your license. I am sure that you will love the freedom it brings you.

I fly out of KFXE and would be happy to meet you.

Abram

Welcom and congrats on your license. I am sure that you will love the freedom it brings you.

I fly out of KFXE and would be happy to meet you.

Abram

Sounds great. I look forward to making new friends in the community.

I am up in the Ocala area, but travel all over Florida for my job. I was just in WPB/Ft. Lauderdale last week. I am always up for meeting my fellow POA's.

I started my training at LNA in 1991 at a place called blue wings aviation. I enjoyed that airport, hated humidity so I am back in Ca.

Sounds good all. We should have a mini- Palm Beach meet or something.

Sounds good all. We should have a mini- Palm Beach meet or something.

Breakfast at Jet Runway Cafe - KFXE would be nice. Like I mentioned, I will be at KPMP on 3/2 for the BBQ.

I folks,
I am a British guy, well actually an oldish fa*t at 64 who is a newly minted pilot (checkride October last).

I did my PPL flight training over the course of a year when visiting our vacation home in Florida.

Last visit was in January at which time myself and my wife began doing some x/c trips in a C172SP, nothing too testing for me as a new pilot, just pretty short trips to begin with out of KLAL (Lakeland Linder) we did a trip down to Sebring for the Sport Expo show, and also did a $100 hamburger run down to Venice Beach.

We are back over in Florida beginning April 4th for a Month, I would appreciate any suggestions about possible x/c trips around the state, and would really enjoy meeting other POA members.

snip

We are back over in Florida beginning April 4th for a Month, I would appreciate any suggestions about possible x/c trips around the state, and would really enjoy meeting other POA members.

I did the LSA Expo year before this and SnF last two years.. If you are thinking of heading SE out of KLAL, drop me a line and maybe we can meet up. Right now, my finances limit my $100 burgers to $200 or so so I try to stay within one hour of KTMB. X01 is fun as is KMTH, KFXE, F45, KPMP. They all have something going on. Also LoPresti 1st Sat. at X26.

Last edited:
I did the LSA Expo year before this and SnF last two years.. If you are thinking of heading SE out of KLAL, drop me a line and maybe we can meet up. Right now, my finances limit my $100 burgers to $200 or so so I try to stay within one hour of KTMB. X01 is fun as is KMTH, KFXE, F45, KPMP. They all have something going on. Also LoPresti 1st Sat. at X26.

Thanks John for the suggestions of places to visit, I will certainly drop you a line if we head SE.

You mention SnF, we always enjoy the event and this year will be our 4th time there, SnF is one of the main reasons we plan our trip over to Florida at April time.

Thanks John for the suggestions of places to visit, I will certainly drop you a line if we head SE.

You mention SnF, we always enjoy the event and this year will be our 4th time there, SnF is one of the main reasons we plan our trip over to Florida at April time.

Should be a POA meetup at SnF. I missed the one last year for no good reason.

See this thread:
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55115

Last edited:
Breakfast at Jet Runway Cafe - KFXE would be nice. Like I mentioned, I will be at KPMP on 3/2 for the BBQ.

I would be up for that!

The Citabria will actually be at Banyan for all of march and I have an office for the full-time gig right next door to jet cafe, so it would be super easy for me.

Jet Runway is a good place to eat. I get over there every time I'm down at the office. I'm back down there in 3 weeks.

Jet Runway is a good place to eat. I get over there every time I'm down at the office. I'm back down there in 3 weeks.

When are we talking? Are you available on the weekend for a meetup at Jet Runway? I can do weekday but that would mean missing classes that I cannot really afford to miss.

Back