Hello from PA!

railroadjack

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jack
Hello all, my name is Jack. I've been a private pilot since April of this year. I fly out of Wings Field in Blue Bell, PA. I learned in a C172S, but now I mostly fly SR20's as the school I rent from only has one 172 left on the line. Looking forward to reading and chatting, and hopefully getting to know some more local pilots.

Greetings and Welcome to POA - we have a couple members here that fly out of Wings

Welcome that's an awesome plane than sr20 never flown in it yet but from what I read and see. Did it take you long to get used to the glass cockpit?

Hey jack welcome to POA. I live about 1.5 miles from wings. We have a good size group of POAers in the area and have a big POA flyin at LOM every spring. Who was your CFI?

Jack,

Welcome to POA!!

Adam already mentioned the Wings Fly-B-Q fly-in but we also get together for some hangar flying in the warmer months.

100_2798.jpg

Wings 2007

Wings 2008

Wings 2009

Last edited:
Welcome, Jack! Hope to meet you at the next Wings FlyBQ! Hook up with Adam Z and the Garys and the others out of KLOM, they're good folks.

Welcome, Jack...I grew up in the area and went to school in Fort Washington...now live in Atlanta, but hope to fly myself into Wings one day. Enjoy your addiction - eh, sorry - time here.

Welcome that's an awesome plane than sr20 never flown in it yet but from what I read and see. Did it take you long to get used to the glass cockpit?

No, not long at all. The Garmin Perspective and Avidyne are both nice systems. I prefer the Garmin, but the Avidyne plane is cheaper to rent. They're both pretty straightforward to read. Information overload can become a problem, though!

Hey jack welcome to POA. I live about 1.5 miles from wings. We have a good size group of POAers in the area and have a big POA flyin at LOM every spring. Who was your CFI?

Todd Newberry was my CFI. Great guy. I think we've met before, Adam. I was working line service at the FBO up until the end of November.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

No, not long at all. The Garmin Perspective and Avidyne are both nice systems. I prefer the Garmin, but the Avidyne plane is cheaper to rent. They're both pretty straightforward to read. Information overload can become a problem, though!

Todd Newberry was my CFI. Great guy. I think we've met before, Adam. I was working line service at the FBO up until the end of November.

Thanks for the welcome, everyone!

Todd is a great guy! we likely did meet.

Back