Hello from Kentucky!

Logan2224

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Logan Abner
I've already posted a bit, but I thought I'd make an official intro post and say hello!

I'm from Lexington Kentucky, and I've been working towards my private for way too long. Life has gotten in the way too many times and I'm beyond ready to get it done and move on with my training. I'm 20 years old, and first soloed on my 16th birthday... When I went off to college, I went to Jacksonville University in Florida and joined Delta Connection Academy with the intention of joining up with the airlines. But a college freshman straight out of high school going to Florida just doesn't match haha. I quickly decided that a career in the airlines wasn't for me, and spending that kind of money seemed pointless when I could finish up training back home. The only thing I brought back from Florida was a wonderful girlfriend, who I'm still dating. A two and a half year long distance relationship is quite an accomplishment.

So I'm back home now, flying in a rented Warrior, trying my best to fund an aviation career. My dad is a pilot, has a nice Dakota, and is thankfully helping me pay for it. If you've read my other thread, I'm working hard towards a career in corporate aviation, that is much more up my alley than the airlines, I enjoy dealing directly with people.

Anyways, I'm glad to be here, sorry for the long winded post.. :)

Where are you training? When I lived in Lexington, I kept my Tiger at Mount Sterling, KIOB because I could get a hangar there. I moved away a few years ago, but still get back there every now and then.

Good luck with your training. KY is a nice state.

I'm flying out of Lexington with a startup school called NexGen aviation.

Back