Hello Everyone

Windy

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Windy
Just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone. Hope to see more of you all in the coming months.
Windy

Windy said:
Just wanted to stop by and say hello to everyone. Hope to see more of you all in the coming months.
Windy

Hi, Windy, and welcome! What do you fly?

Carol

Windy said:
Windy

Hi Windy. We're glad you could join us. :)

"Who's peeking out from under a stairway
Calling a name that's lighter than air
Who's bending down to give me a rainbow
Everyone knows it's Windy

Who's tripping down the streets of the city
Smiling at everybody she sees
Who's reaching out to capture a moment
Everyone knows it's Windy

And Windy has stormy eyes
That flash at the sound of lies
And Windy has wings to fly
Above the clouds, above the clouds

Who's tripping down the streets of the city
Smiling at everybody she sees
Who's reaching out to capture a moment
Everyone knows it's Windy"

Greg,

The scary thing is that I remember when that song was popular. :D

Ghery

What's really funny about that is that it's what I thought of when I first saw Windy's post. Other names don't have that effect... I don't start singing CSN&Y when I see Judy's name, but "Windy" always comes to mind. And I also remember when it was popular.

Oh yea, Hi Windy. Glad you found us.

Chip

gibbons said:
... I don't start singing CSN&Y when I see Judy's name...

Funny! I wasn't a big Beatles fan, but I flash to "Judy in the Sky with Diamonds" on that one, even tho I liked CSN&Y (in all their various permutations of single, duo, trio and quartet releases!) better!

gkainz said:
Funny! I wasn't a big Beatles fan, but I flash to "Judy in the Sky with Diamonds" on that one, even tho I liked CSN&Y (in all their various permutations of single, duo, trio and quartet releases!) better!

Judy? It's "Lucy" isn't it?

It's "Judy in disguise, with glasses" :)

Carol said:

Oh man, talk about serious CRS!!!! Excuse me, my old age is showing again!!!! I wonder if I can sneak an edit in here without it showing?

That's funny, Eric. I was going to start a thread titled "Names that make you sing..."

Gloria

Amy

Sherry - two different songs "Sherry baby" and "Sweet Sherry Wine"

Susie - "Susie Q" and "Wake up, my little Susie"

Rocky Racoon - ok, that's a stretch

Last edited:
I used to have a little convertible that I named “Windy”. Drove it around on my home health visits. One autumn day I parked it under a tree at a patient’s house, and it was full of leaves when I came out. Most of the leaves blew out when I drove away; my patient told me later that she enjoyed the show :)

My least favorite moment in the “Windy” was when I got passed by a pig truck on the interstate………………

Last edited:
Carol said:

I thought that was "Judy in the skies, with diamonds"

Mark

Mark S said:
I thought that was "Judy in the skies, with diamonds"

Mark

Misheard lyrics:

http://www.amiright.com/misheard/song/judyindisguise.shtml

BTW, there's a house on the side of a mountain on the way up to Hendersonville named "Lucy in the Sky." Wish I could remember which mountain. The house is blue. My tailwheel instructor pointed it out but that was a few years ago.

Well....hate to bring it up, but I was on a first date with a girl named Sue when Dion's version of Run Around Sue was out!! Funny how a name and a song can bring you back to a specific time, place and emotional feeling.

Best,

Dave S.

Dave Siciliano said:
Well....hate to bring it up, but I was on a first date with a girl named Sue when Dion's version of Run Around Sue was out!! Funny how a name and a song can bring you back to a specific time, place and emotional feeling.

Best,

Dave S.

Well Dave, I'm glad it was a girl name Sue and not a boy name Sue! Am I being insensitive? :)

Thanks for the welcome Carol. I fly a C-182......Windy

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome........I think I'm going to like it here.

Windy

Ghery said:
Greg,

The scary thing is that I remember when that song was popular. :D

Ghery

Scarier yet, I can still remember all the lyrics and the tune. Maybe cause it was one of my favorites.

Back