Hello, an introduction.

Conan

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Kyle
Hi all,
Hope this is the right place for this post..
I've been lurking here for a month or two, and registered recently because it's easier to search as a registered member....but have still been lurking. Anyway, just saying hi. I haven't started training yet buy hope to once I'm done with my Master's degree in September. So, hi! Oh, and I'm in Buffalo, NY. I see there's several other WNY pilots here. Good to see! Well, I'll be around, reading your witicisms like a fly on the e-Wall. Kyle

Kyle, welcome to POA glad you registered. One POAer eMkay flies out of the Buffalo area.

Welcome, Kyle! Buffalo isn't too far to come join us at the Wings FlyBQ at KLOM (Philadelphia). That way we get to meet you in person! It might even be possible to get a ride there with someone!

Howdy, Kyle, from clammy, cool Texas.

Welcome to our midst - it's good to have you here!

Greetings Kyle! I am in central NY, several others here are from western NY, and I think there are some down-staters here as well.

Welcome Kyle. Congratulations on the upcoming Graduate degree! I think your priorities are in line. After your secondary education is complete is a great time to start learning to fly.

Let us hear more from you.

Thanks for the welcome, folks. My license has been a boyhood dream, but hasn't been financially or, more truthfully, temporally possible until the near future. I took a ground school at age 13 (I'm 24 now)....which in retrospect was a bad idea. I learned a ton and it was useful, but at 13/14 the retention and ability to recognize situations just isn't there. Not to mention, I don't think I had been through any geometry/ trigonometry at the time- just saying my computations weren't precise yet. But, now's as good a time as any to start so I'm going to. The anticipation is a killer. Kyle

Thanks for the welcome, folks. My license has been a boyhood dream, but hasn't been financially or, more truthfully, temporally possible until the near future. I took a ground school at age 13 (I'm 24 now)....which in retrospect was a bad idea. I learned a ton and it was useful, but at 13/14 the retention and ability to recognize situations just isn't there. Not to mention, I don't think I had been through any geometry/ trigonometry at the time- just saying my computations weren't precise yet. But, now's as good a time as any to start so I'm going to. The anticipation is a killer. Kyle

Welcome, who are you training with? I trained with the Western New York Flying Club, out of Lancaster airport.

eMcKay,

He said in his original post that he's finishing his Masters in September and wants to start his lessons then. Maybe you guys can get together some time to get him started on the mindset part.

eMcKay,

He said in his original post that he's finishing his Masters in September and wants to start his lessons then. Maybe you guys can get together some time to get him started on the mindset part.

Yes, this is why I asked. I can hook him up with a good instructor if he doesn't have someone in mind already

My wife got me a intro flight with Bob Miller as a Christmas present, which I'll be exercising come spring/ summer. I read through your log here, eMKay, and sounds like your experience with WNYFC was solid. It's a little too early to really decide, but am looking at both options as well as others in the area. Kyle

My wife got me a intro flight with Bob Miller as a Christmas present, which I'll be exercising come spring/ summer. I read through your log here, eMKay, and sounds like your experience with WNYFC was solid. It's a little too early to really decide, but am looking at both options as well as others in the area. Kyle

Ok, well keep me posted then. There are advantages and disadvantages to a school vs. the club. I'll PM you with some info.

Just a thought. Hopefully flying was your boyhood dream.

No one dreams of licenses. ;)

Ah, caught me. No, no....I've always wanted a license. Any kind of license would do, but I figured this would be the most expensive....next to a brewery license, anyway. :rolleyes:

Flying is the dream, of course. Kyle

Welcome, Kyle! Buffalo isn't too far to come join us at the Wings FlyBQ at KLOM (Philadelphia). That way we get to meet you in person! It might even be possible to get a ride there with someone!

Do we have a date for this fly-in?

Oh and welcome to POA, Kyle!

Back