Helicopter video

Must be a special kind of helicopter, and a special kind of pilot. He did a bunch of things I thought helicopters couldn't do. Impressive.

There must be some similarities since you get a wake turbulence off each side just as you do a fixed wing. But, any inverted flight must be (and appear to be) very unstable. I can't imagine you'd have any great control as you can't exactly add reverse collective. :dunno:

There must be some similarities since you get a wake turbulence off each side just as you do a fixed wing. But, any inverted flight must be (and appear to be) very unstable. I can't imagine you'd have any great control as you can't exactly add reverse collective. :dunno:

The only wake turbulance is wingtip vortices off the ends of the rotor blades (including the TR).

To my knowledge there are no helicopters which are certified for aerobatic flight, although some, particularly military, are capable of it.

I seem to recall a discussion on Vertical Reference about MR pitch which said that some naval helicopters are capable of negative pitch so that thay can hold themselves down on the deck. I don't know if that's OWT or true...

Back