Helicopter Rental?

ron22

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Ron Hammer
Not sure this is the best place to post this let me know if there is a better place.
A friend of mine recently got back from Iraq as a Helicopter pilot. One tour fighting (couldnt think of better term) second tour medevac.
Now she want to get her civilian ticket. She asked me about it becuase most places just list training and nothing about rental after the fact.
Of course she hasnt called and asked yet. I know nothing think about helicopters but she is my wifes boss so helping her out is in my best interest.

Thanks for the replys. So it looks like she has to back to what I told her the first time "I dont call them and ask"
Wow check out the rates R22 $250 R44 $460

I don't see rental rates at the iowahelicopter.com site, but their rates for rides are $250 and $575 for an R22/R44, so they seem to be in line. Helicopters are EXPENSIVE to rent! :yes:

Corporate Flight at KJWN (Nashville, TN) has an R22 and R44 for rent. I don't recall the exact price but the 22 was in the low/mid $200 range and the 44 was about twice that.

I used to work with these guy's in Concord, CA (CCR), but they moved so the school could fly all year round in Titusville, Florida. They have a whole fleet of R22, S269's and many more.

Web Site: http://www.heli.com
Phone: 321-385-2919
Toll Free: 800-686-4080
Fax: 321-267-1061

I am not sure about the rates, but they used to be the lowest becasue of the size. Ask for Patrick Corr great guy (owner).

Hummingbird helicopters trains in and rents piston ships at Flying Cloud airport (SW Mpls area). It's a decent shop run by a guy I casually know. A good friend was chief instructor there until he moved on to flying helicopters to offshore oil platforms (where he sadly perished).

-lance

Back