Helicopter Instructor Saves A P51!

Awesome video. That instructor seems cool as hell!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Velocity will set that man straight! No horsin’ around!

Velocity will set that man straight! No horsin’ around!

I think he’s a trip. I’ve seen a couple other vids of his instructing. He’s a bit unorthodox but you can tell he has a passion for flight instruction.

I think he’s a trip. I’ve seen a couple other vids of his instructing. He’s a bit unorthodox but you can tell he has a passion for flight instruction.

That reminded of a story a guy I used to work with told. He used to fly in the Army. OH58's if I remember right. He was at Ft Sill. Said a guy he flew with like to take naps in the air. So he puts the nose right up to a tree, hovers, wakes the guy up to windshield full of tree. Whadaya think the chances are he was telling the truth?

That reminded of a story a guy I used to work with told. He used to fly in the Army. OH58's if I remember right. He was at Ft Sill. Said a guy he flew with like to take naps in the air. So he puts the nose right up to a tree, hovers, wakes the guy up to windshield full of tree. Whadaya think the chances are he was telling the truth?

Oh definitely possible. My “stick buddy” in flight school was Saudi and took naps up front at night. My IP would yell at his a$$!

Another guy I knew had the oldest (70s)IP in flight school. They were flying an OH-58 and when they got done with training, the IP gave him the controls. Told him to take them back to the house and not worry about a map because he knew the place like the back of his hand. Anyway, the IP then proceeds to take a nap while my buddy is flying NOE. At some point, they smack wires head on and just demolish the aircraft. I mean, if you saw the pics, you wouldn’t believe anyone would even survive, but they walked away with just bumps and bruises. Not sure if the IP ever instructed again.

Last edited:
Had an IP fall asleep in flight school flying goggles and woke up when I shut it down on the ramp...we left a stage field for a 25 min ride home and I was flying meet Phase hours at the end of my training was not sure if he was just quiet or sleeping...we both laughed it off...

Back