Hekp me clean my kkeyboard

Richard

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ack...city life
Okay, my kkeyboard is ready for another cleaning. Stuck eys and and such caused by reading humous postss. But I'm too la y to starrrrtt he job. Hekp me get starttedd by giving up some thing ffunnny. (if it gets reaaalky jammed up I'll have no choice but to clean it)

Are you trying to say you do not have the AOPA/POA webboard keyboard and monitor anti-drink-spray covers on your machine while reading posts here?
Are you crazy? Or just trying to trash your keyboard and monitor?

Cover emergency instructions: If you forgot to put the covers on your computer and read something funny with a mouth full of drink, force your mouth to say closed when you laugh. The drink coming out your nose will remind you to put the covers on next time.

Richard said:
Okay, my kkeyboard is ready for another cleaning. Stuck eys and and such caused by reading humous postss. But I'm too la y to starrrrtt he job. Hekp me get starttedd by giving up some thing ffunnny. (if it gets reaaalky jammed up I'll have no choice but to clean it)

:eek:) I just had mine cleaned. After traveling from Scottsdale in the U-HAUL -- and the accident -- I figured I'd get a techie to rightfully analyze it. One keyboard wasn't working properly; one of the stops was inactive. He found a tiny broken wire, re-soldered it -- "There, good as new. The tuning is 5 cents off, which means that the whole instrument is 1/20th of a nano-(something) off, and nothing but my electonic pitch analyzer will ever hear its divergence."

$90.00. Can't get my plane worked on for that, or my computer.

HR

fgcason said:
Are you trying to say you do not have the AOPA/POA webboard keyboard and monitor anti-drink-spray covers on your machine while reading posts here?
Are you crazy? Or just trying to trash your keyboard and monitor?

Cover emergency instructions: If you forgot to put the covers on your computer and read something funny with a mouth full of drink, force your mouth to say closed when you laugh. The drink coming out your nose will remind you to put the covers on next time.
That's what I'm saying alright and I am crazy.

Your post reminds me how us brothers prey on my sister like a pack of wolves when at the dinner table. One of us will say something funny to get the ball rolling and the others will chime in to keep it going until just...the...right...moment when my sister takes a drink. Then, BLAM! we'll drop the punch line and all the liquid oozes out her nose onto her plate. It's a riot. Now after so many years of that we don't even have to say anything, just giving her the look will start the cascade. Operant conditioning at it's finest.

Lawreston said:
:eek:) I just had mine cleaned. After traveling from Scottsdale in the U-HAUL -- and the accident -- I figured I'd get a techie to rightfully analyze it. One keyboard wasn't working properly; one of the stops was inactive. He found a tiny broken wire, re-soldered it -- "There, good as new. The tuning is 5 cents off, which means that the whole instrument is 1/20th of a nano-(something) off, and nothing but my electonic pitch analyzer will ever hear its divergence."

$90.00. Can't get my plane worked on for that, or my computer.

HR
Sorry, Harley. I meant computer keyboard. Say, is that you in the pic? What's with the mag glasses over your regular glasses? I don't see any sheet music.

Last edited:
Richard said:
Your post reminds me how us brothers prey on my sister like a pack of wolves when at the dinner table. One of us will say something funny to get the ball rolling and the others will chime in to keep it going until just...the...right...moment when my sister takes a drink. Then, BLAM! we'll drop the punch line and all the liquid oozes out her nose onto her plate. It's a riot. Now after so many years of that we don't even have to say anything, just giving her the look will start the cascade. Operant conditioning at it's finest.

I had that same problem back in college when I saw the entire world as a big practical joke. A friend of mine (still around) would hold off until the exact right moment to say something insanely hilarious.
The worst he ever got me was when we were on an overnight roadtrip to Austin TX while staying the night at one of his relatives house enroute. You would have had to be there but he got the don't-see-it-coming humor factor going then waited for just the right moment: I was clear of the diving board and "Oh! Oxygen deprivation! He's goi" SPLASH! All I can say is being submerged with no air and descending while desperately trying to avoid laughing is not as fun as it sounds and it sure isn't very funny at -10ft local MSL.

Keyboard totaled yet?

Back