Heater Overhauls

the_doc

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
BritPilot
Regarding a Southwind 940B12 heater... (on my FAA registered PA23 but based in U.K)

Has anyone managed to get one of these successfully overhauled recently?

I have tried the only company that seem able to do this within the UK (where the aircraft is currently based) and we have run into a dead end, in that we are unable to obtain any overhaul kit from the only supplier we seem to be able to locate in the U.S.

It's a real shame as it is in reasonable shape but is due its overhaul, and the igniter died anyway so I took it out at annual to get this organised. The company that received it said it is due a new combustion tube, exhaust, and igniter, but otherwise it is okay as far as we know.

I am aware of the FAA PMA'd C&D CD11005-1 but this has now been discontinued from what we have been told. I am just looking for leads to see if we can get an overhaul done still or if anyone knows of a supply for the CD11005-1 type instead?

Any heater guru's or anyone with experience in this area have any thoughts / recommendations for shops who have been able to carry out this work recently.

Back