Hearty recommendation for Magneto Service

NC Pilot

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
NC Pilot
Folks,

If you need good, reliable, honest magneto service I highly recommend you contact Andy Richards at Sierra Magneto Service. http://www.sierramagneto.com/

I just got done with my annual which included a magneto overhaul. Andy was very highly recommended to me by several folks and I went with him despite high shipping costs to the west coast. The communication started before he even got the mag and continued until it was shipped. The condition was good when he got it and as near as I could tell, perfect when I recieved it.

The only issue was after mounting the mag in the plane we got ready to check the timing. The buzz box would not do anything after being hooked up. It indicated an open circuit despite spinning the prop around. My IA wanted to pull the mag and after spending an hour putting it in, that was not high on my list of things to do, so I made him check his buzz box first. We found a broken ground wire and after checking the timing with another buzz box, everything was fine. :rofl:

So, long story conclusion. Use Andy. He does excellent work, is honest and mags have been his life for many years. You will not be disappointed. BTW, cost was very, very reasonable and for the customer service provided I would pay much more.

Last edited:
Its great to hear good things about Andy, I have known him for several years. He used to work for Savage Magneto (best overhauler) in the Bay Area up until a couple years ago.

Andy split with Savage and I assisted him with some of the certification stuff in is setting up his own repair station where he currently is now. True to nature Andy is honest, won't gouge you, explains everthings and provided great service.

Just one man's opinion.

Stache

Make that a bunch, many members of the fairchild owners club use both shops and no one has had any problems.

The last time the magnetos needed rebuild I opted for new ones as there was a great deal on them at the time. But I'll keep this in mind.

Its great to hear good things about Andy, I have known him for several years. He used to work for Savage Magneto (best overhauler) in the Bay Area up until a couple years ago.

Andy split with Savage and I assisted him with some of the certification stuff in is setting up his own repair station where he currently is now. True to nature Andy is honest, won't gouge you, explains everthings and provided great service.

Just one man's opinion.

Stache

Yeah Old Al at Savage won't do the flat engine mags, want to hear him go off? ask him to overhaul a slick....... :)

Back