Heart Walk

AuntPeggy

Final Approach
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Namaste
Hello fellow pilots,

I will be walking in the Heart Walk on Saturday October 30. You are invited to come out to Sherwood Island State Park around [edit: 10:00am to 1:00pm] in Westport, CT to cheer me on.

My Dad had a stroke at the age of 54 when he was a healthy military Sergeant with blood pressure that was considered normal then. He spent 13 years paralyzed in a nursing home, basically waiting to die. Today, two or more readings higher than 120/80 is considered pre-hypertensive and would be treated with diet and medication if necessary. These rules were changed as a result of research done by the American Heart Association. There are so many factors that we still don't understand. Heart disease doesn't just kill, it destroys quality of life and can leave someone permanently disabled. In addition to research, the AHA also provides couseling, education and training. Want to learn CPR? Want to know how best to bring your cholesterol & blood pressure naturally? Want some great healthy recipes? Go to their web site: http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/

Mom died of a heart attack the year before Dad did and two of my grandparents also died young of heart disease. Keeping in mind that I am now older than any of my parents or grand-parents ever were, I got a kick-start into walking with the recent Fuji Fitness Challenge-Reaching San Jose. My team reached San Jose! Now, I am joining this charity walk for my own health and to help the American Heart Association in their fight to increase cardiovascular health of Americans. I am also asking you to log into my link and contribute if you can. How about $25 or so?

Peggy's donor page: http://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=336901&lis=1&supid=305533279

The goal is to increase the cardiovascular health of all Americans by 20% and reduce death from cardiovascular disease and stroke by 20% by 2020 – and we need your help.

Peggy

Last edited:
Thanks to all my friends and family for helping with the Heart Walk. Here is a photo as I approached the finish line too engrossed in conversation to notice. It was a beautiful, crisp October afternoon just perfect for a stroll on the beach.:yes:

Attachments

• IMG_1594.JPG
    IMG_1594.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1576.JPG
    IMG_1576.JPG
    5.2 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Thanks to all my friends and family for helping with the Heart Walk. Here is a photo as I approached the finish line too engrossed in conversation to notice. It was a beautiful, crisp October afternoon just perfect for a stroll on the beach.:yes:
Very cool, Peggy. :thumbsup:

Back