Heart stint

L

lwood

Three years ago I had a stint inplanted in my heart (mid RCA). A year later I did a treadmill cardiolite exam and came out OK.
Now I'm thinking that I would like to go all the way in flight training. Private, instrument, commercial, CFI, CFII after affording only sporatic instruction for many years.
Apparently the rules state that I have to do a "post-event coronary angiography. The application may be considered without post-event angiography but certification for first and unlimited second class is unlikely without it." It seems as though this is a very intrusive and very expensive procedure to go through. Are there any options?
My doc said I could be a CFI with a limited second class med certificate but I have reason to doubt it.

Thanks in advance.

lwood said:
Three years ago I had a stint inplanted in my heart (mid RCA). A year later I did a treadmill cardiolite exam and came out OK.
Now I'm thinking that I would like to go all the way in flight training. Private, instrument, commercial, CFI, CFII after affording only sporatic instruction for many years.
Apparently the rules state that I have to do a "post-event coronary angiography. The application may be considered without post-event angiography but certification for first and unlimited second class is unlikely without it." It seems as though this is a very intrusive and very expensive procedure to go through. Are there any options?
My doc said I could be a CFI with a limited second class med certificate but I have reason to doubt it.

Thanks in advance.

You only need a third class to teach primary students, and don't need a medical at all to teach rated students who can be PIC. Sorry, don't know anything about the medical issues :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back