heart palpitations

S

skippy

Time for my second class medical renewal and this year had something new...My dad died of a heart attack at the age of 45 (back in the early 90's) and this year I will be 45. A few times earlier this year I had a bout of my heart missing a beat and during my routine annual check up I asked my doc about it. Knowing my family history he sent me to a cardiologist who did an EKG, 3 day holter monitor, and doppler ultrasound. All came back normal and said im healthy as can be.

I know I need to report seeing the cardiologist but my question is on 18g can I answer "No" since I have not been diagnosed with a heart problem and presently don't have one? If I have to answer "Yes" what I would need to bring to my AME to help this non event go through smoothly? My cardiologist, who knows nothing of the FAA, says I have NO heart condition but me knowing the FAA thinks this will be a pain.

I would consult with my AME just to make sure, but would NOT check Yes, and would note the visit as a routine screening.
What the ER Doctor told me was they are much better at telling you what you don't have, than telling you why you felt what you did.

Brian

The good news is that even if you marked yes and were deferred it sounds like you'd already have everything they'd ask you to provide anyway.

You weren't diagnosed with a heart condition and you should not say so. The other Brian has it, report the visit as a routine screening, ops normal.

I agree with @Stewartb, you should be rewarded for being proactive.

Anyhow, you might want to get all the recorded, notes, exam details etc from the cardiologist and have them available in case they are asked for.

I would read though the notes might be surprised what he wrote. I had a Cardiologist write in my notes "52-year-old asthmatic male" because he noted a single prescription an inhaler I got for a bad chest cold 5 years ago in my records from an urgent care visit. I saw the notes when I looked at the patient portal, I questioned him why he said I was an asthmatic. He replied that people who are prescribed that inhaler are asthmatic. I told him I had a 2-week prescription 5 years ago without any refills for a chest cold.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back