Heart Palpitations/Hospital Admittance

U

Unregistered

Hello all. I am working my way through the MedXPress form in preparation for my 3rd class medical. My medical history has me confused about how to answer the form questions.

My situation: in the past I have had heart palpitations severe enough to put me in the hospital for observation. This happened once about 12 years ago and then again about 3 years ago. The diagnosis: too much caffeine, work and not enough sleep. Test results including EKGs showed nothing physically wrong. I was sent on my way with a nice hospital bill and told to work less and drink less coffee.

The problem has not come back.

How should I answer the form questions about heart problems, anxiety and have I ever been hospitalized? Obviously I am not going to lie. I am thinking answer "no" to the heart and anxiety questions and "yes" to the hospitalization part and just explain things to the doc. Does this sound like the right way to proceed?

Also: under health care provider visits does that include dentists?

Thank you for your comments.

Rather than take advice from some of the know it also on this board ,I would reach out to Dr.Bruce with your questions. He's on the red board.

Red Board?

Pilots of America uses a "blue" colored theme so it's known as the Blue Board. The AOPA forums are red, so Red Board.

www.aopa.org/forums should get you there. But you can also find Dr. Bruce through his website @ www.aeromedicaldoc.com or aeromedicaldoc at comcast dot net

One major item with him is to be 100% honest, forthcoming, and humble about your situation. He can really help, but has little patience when airmen lie to him or themselves about their situation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back