Heart of Texas Aircraft Engines, anybody ever use them?

Im sure someone is going to report this, and since rffffffjjrrrrrrlmnop has broken about 6 of the ROC, it could be bad. However, I sure hope they dont drop the ban hammer and I hope this thread doesnt get closed because it is turning into solid gold.

"Let him who wants none have fond memories of not getting any".

You havent provided any facts. Im glad you didnt come to win friends, your are right on track.

This is a fantastic Idea, would take care of issue one on facts.

We dont know your name, so any judgement that we may find against the other guy would be unverifiable as yours. Troll....I dont think it means what you think it means.

The posters name and the judgement were easy enough to look up. I dont know the facts of this particular case, the court docket indicates that this wasn't simply a default judgement and that it was argued in several iterations. There has been a 10 page thread on beechtalk where others detailed their experience with this shop and its owner, there seem to be some recurrent issues.

The posters name and the judgement were easy enough to look up. I dont know the facts of this particular case, the court docket indicates that this wasn't simply a default judgement and that it was argued in several iterations. There has been a 10 page thread on beechtalk where others detailed their experience with this shop and its owner, there seem to be some recurrent issues.

Thank you, Weilke. What will the trolls do with this information?

I think you are absolutely correct. BTW, the judgment is public record, and they can get it themselves. These guys are the classic definition of trolls.

Ok thanks. Can you post some information so we can track it down?

Ok thanks. Can you post some information so we can track it down?

The poster immediately before you found it just fine. Try Googling "heart of texas aircraft engines reviews".

Never understand the bizarre desire / need for some on POA to rush to declare someone a "troll".

Just a device to shut down discussion.

This man speaks the truth.

and he is super cute!

(Blush!)

Now I'm jealous!

...and well you should be!

Never understand the bizarre desire / need for some on the Internet to rush to declare someone a "troll".

Just a device to shut down discussion.

Fixed that for you. And yes, it is infuriating, but many find it is much easier to cast aspersions on those with whom they disagree, rather than to marshal cogent arguments supported by reasonably-documented facts. 'Twas ever thus, shall ever be...

(Blush!)

...and well you should be!

Fixed that for you. And yes, it is infuriating, but many find it is much easier to cast aspersions on those with whom they disagree, rather than to marshal cogent arguments supported by reasonably-documented facts. 'Twas ever thus, shall ever be...

Troll

The poster immediately before you found it just fine. Try Googling "heart of texas aircraft engines reviews".

What I'm trying to say is that you could avoid all the silliness by posting links to the court case to back up your claims instead of making us search for it.

What I'm trying to say is that you could avoid all the silliness by posting links to the court case to back up your claims instead of making us search for it.

I told you of my experience. It is up to you to decide whether to use the information. If you want verification, YOU provide it, as nothing I say is going to convince a troll. I am easy to find.

It's not his responsibility to research your claim. It's his job to be suspicious of your claim unless you can back it up with evidence.

fc,550x550,white.jpg

It's not his responsibility to research your claim. It's his job to be suspicious of your claim unless you can back it up with evidence.

fc,550x550,white.jpg

"....as nothing I say is going to convince a troll."

Especially since you apparently lack any evidence.

One person has already determined whether my claim was valid. I don't know how competent you are, but even you may be able to retrace his tracks.

One person has already determined whether my claim was valid. I don't know how competent you are, but even you may be able to retrace his tracks.

Not my job. Your job. If you want people to believe you anyway. If you don't, then why bother posting to begin with.

Not my job. Your job. If you want people to believe you anyway. If you don't, then why bother posting to begin with.

You just can't comprehend how little I care whether YOU believe me. My target audience will take what I have said, check it for accuracy, and, hopefully, save themselves a lot of money and aggravation by making the right decision. Google Heart of Texas Aircraft Engines for additional sources.

You just can't comprehend how little I care whether YOU believe me. My target audience will take what I have said, check it for accuracy, and, hopefully, save themselves a lot of money and aggravation by making the right decision. Google Heart of Texas Aircraft Engines for additional sources.
There's very little your "target" audience has to go on. Frankly, your posts contain very little substance other than a rant and a claim of some victorious lawsuit.

OK, so why do you care? Why are you an apologist for Bruce McWhorter?

Here's what you're missing...this extreme negative reaction you're getting from nearly everyone at PoA has not a thing to do with Bruce. He could be the devil incarnate or the messiah; I have no idea and it's completely irrelevant. This is all about you. Which, I get, is your point. You wanted to turn this thread about Bruce's shop into a thread about you. Congratulations, you succeeded.

But you're not going to get any love along with the derail. This resurrection is exceedingly low quality content. It's angry, for starters. Angry is worthless. Angry results in rants. Someone who is angry is not a reliable source of information. Your emotions are coloring your ability to see. Angry people attack their audience. I'm your audience. You've attacked me a couple times already.

We're not protecting Bruce. We're protecting PoA. This isn't about Bruce. This is about PoA and you. Let's remove Bruce from the conversation.

Have you looked at the title of this thread, lately? Only the trolls are making this about me, diverting attention from the subject of the thread. You are protecting Bruce, and you do a disservice to the readers of PoA who are looking for advice on reputable shops to use for service. Why is that hard for you?

Because his overhauls are advertised as cheap. And cheap is good. Saying something bad about someone who advertises cheap overhauls is bad. Other overhaulers saying that they can't purchase the NDT services and parts at that price is bad (they are obviously lying and covering their outrageous profits).

Yeah, that's about it.

Sounds reasonable to me. It's all about perspective.
No problem, Caveat emptor.

never used them, but the word on the street is not so good .also i dont think company's just change their name as well as there corp name and there location just for fun. i think mattituck,airmark,zepher,victor, don swards. are still very much intact ,even mattituck after there sale to Continental .

Last edited:
People get the treatment when their first post is a strong opinion. Especially on a dug up thread.
I believe it is because that is how a lot of trolls start. I don't know if he is a troll.
Add to that the history someone mentioned about someone coming on here arguing about this company under multiple accounts, the topic is ripe for being labeled.

Most people start with an introduction, etc
Just digging up a thread and post 1 is harsh words about something is going to ellicit this sort of response.

As far as the horses thing. Someone offered him a book and it made me think of a book.
It's a perfectly natural progression.

Edit: I am not defending him, or those calling him a troll. I got no dog in this fight. I am just thinking through why this happens on POA and I think my explanation makes sense as to the why.

What happened to the post from mfisher at about 1345hrs? I don't see it.

I'm sorry 6PC. I deleted my post a few minutes after making it because had "poster's remorse" about jumping into the argument. But thank you for answering me.

Yeah, this thread is epic. Lesbian horses, some anonymous dude with an axe to grind against a rebuild shop, same anonymous dude questioning the sexuality of a longstanding member (see the joke there?).

What we need here is more anonymous dude with a bad attitude. There's never enough of that.

hehehehe you said "member"

You make a claim.

You refuse to back the claim.

You say you don't care if you convince anybody.

Then why, exactly, are you here?

#byefelicia

I just Googled my way across this thread while doing logbook research on a Saratoga that we were interested in buying. It seems this thread devolved into some heated discussions so I'm REALLY hesitant to say anything because I'm, um, a first time poster. That's obviously a sign of someone chiming in on a hot topic who may or may not be who they claim to be. I don't usually frequent this forum. Actually unless something comes up on Google as a direct link, I don't ever come here. I hope that doesn't make me a troll. I wanted to just say two things.

One, thank you for the information on this repair shop. The plane we were researching to purchase looked good overall, but the engine overhaul was a stopping point for us. I hadn't heard of this shop so I was doing research on them. When I found out it was the former Devine Air, I was able to toss all my notes in the trash so thank you for sharing this information. It helped me tremendously in my research and likely saved me quite a bit of heartache later on.

Two, we purchased an aircraft from Devine Air, a Cessna 340A back in 1993 when I was a wee pup. I was tasked to go and help bring it back, along with a couple of grey beards who actually knew what they were doing. It was shiny, new paint, new interior. Log books were clean. We flew it back with very little trouble, except for a gear issue caused by a paint chip in the squat switch, which was exciting but not rally a big deal.

Then we went into the first annual. It was a WHOPPER! Then the second annual was just as bad. I don't remember the amounts as I was still the kid and wasn't signing checks. But I was tasked with dealing with the shop and it was made very clear to me that a lot of items had been band aided to get through a pre-purchase but were unairworthy. Fuel bladders, engine accessories, etc. It took about 3 years before we finally uncovered all the things wrong with the airplane. After that it flew fine. The interior work was shoddy. Things like kick panels being just course threaded into the carpet with no backing. Good enough to look good for a few weeks or even a few months, bad enough to need to pull the carpet to install them correctly.

We flew the airplane maybe 300 hours or so, then sold it and upgraded to a King Air 200. The new owner reported to me that the airplane needed both engines worked less than a year after we sold it. He basically thought we'd sold him a bum steer but it was running fine when we sold it and we'd definitely not scrimped on maintenance, fixing any and everything that the shop said needed work. That plane is currently for sale today. It has no annual and appears to have been sitting quite a bit. N340EZ. Look it up. It actually looks EXACTLY like it did when we sold it. Nothing has changed at all so I guess you could say it had held up, but I think it's sat in a hanger and not been flown based on the times.

I'm sorry if someone thinks I'm a troll. I really just wanted to say thanks for sharing the information but there seemed to be a real drive to provide proof of your claims here so I felt the second point was needed. Plus since there was some debate on the overall opinion on this shop I felt the information from an actual customer was warranted.

Last edited:
Back