Health Problem

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
Well, it's Sunday here and there's a health problem. My belly is dirty and my back is sore. Actually, my plane's belly is dirty and after several hours lying on a mechanic's creeper under the plane my back is not the most comfortable.

But all is not bad. Washing the plane was a dream. 60°+ in the huge Hangar 6 of the former Naval Air Station Brunswick. High pressure hoses which extend nearly a hundred feet from the hose recoil units mounted on the wall, coupled with the monster drain grates in the floor, make for a neat and clean operation. 35°outside, but I was working in short sleeves inside the hangar; and sure did admire that Lear jet that was just a few spaces over from my space. Yeah, I know that pictures would be appropriate but I forgot to put the camera in N7872G Ford.

How does a belly get that dirty? The bird only burns 1 qt. of oil in 40 hours, so she's not throwing much out. (Of course, it helps to clean the belly more than once a year) :eek:)

HR

Yeah, I've got a heated floor in the hangar and HOT and cold running water in the hangar. Makes things a lot easier.

Back