Headset with the largest ear cup?

Brad W

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
BLW2
so
One of the things on my sun n fun to-do list was to try on headsets
but now at best that has been delayed...or I might not even go with the delay....

to those of you that have tried them all ( calling @pigpenracing )
which headsets seems to have the largest ear cups?

I ask because I'm a fairly new hearing aid wearer, & I'd like me new headset to fit over my behind the ear aids. The old passive Flightcom set I'm currently using (4DLX I think, and I also some older lower end ones) are comfortable enough, but my ear doesn't fit completely inside the cup. They sorta squish my ear a bit
I have an old pair of lightspeed QFR's (not as old as my Flightcoms) & they rotted in storage, but i Remember them fitting more around my ears a bit better.

Now I can easily just stow the aids for flight, but I'd still find it more comfortable to have a larger ear opening in the cup.

I'm still not sure I want to by till I try them on, but I figured you'd probably be able to at least help me thin out the herd....

Not a direct answer to your question, but sometimes the hard part and soft part of the headset are different diameters. You can look online and order a generic soft part that is larger diameter and still fit and attach to the hard part. Look up stereo headset parts. I used 2 sided craft adhesive to attach the new ones to an old pair that I refurbished and made more comfortable for my dumbo ears.

My Lightspeed Zulu and Tango both fit over my BTE hearing aids.

(edit: And I have a big head and big ears).

so
One of the things on my sun n fun to-do list was to try on headsets
but now at best that has been delayed...or I might not even go with the delay....

to those of you that have tried them all ( calling @pigpenracing )
which headsets seems to have the largest ear cups?

I ask because I'm a fairly new hearing aid wearer, & I'd like me new headset to fit over my behind the ear aids. The old passive Flightcom set I'm currently using (4DLX I think, and I also some older lower end ones) are comfortable enough, but my ear doesn't fit completely inside the cup. They sorta squish my ear a bit
I have an old pair of lightspeed QFR's (not as old as my Flightcoms) & they rotted in storage, but i Remember them fitting more around my ears a bit better.

Now I can easily just stow the aids for flight, but I'd still find it more comfortable to have a larger ear opening in the cup.

I'm still not sure I want to by till I try them on, but I figured you'd probably be able to at least help me thin out the herd....

Lightspeeds fit around the best. The Sierra, Tango, Zulu 3 and PFX all take the same earseal. I can hook you up with any of those :)

Back