headset thread..........

deafsound

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
i arrrghhmmmmpppth
Kids...........
if you wear an ANR headset and a pair of sunglasses.............your hearing is not protected as advertised.
if you wear an ANR headset and a baseball cap..............your hearing is not protected as advertised.
if you wear and ANR headset and they don't fit you properly..........your hearing is not protected as advertised.

It's all a bunch of BS that these companies advertise to you and me.

I highly recommend that all of you that are concerned with your hearing should wear FOAM EARPLUGS.........you can re-use them.......ask me for details.

I highly recommend that all of you that are concerned with your hearing should wear FOAM EARPLUGS.........you can re-use them.......ask me for details.
Heh, for many (20+) years I wore foam earplugs under a non-ANR headset. Of course I had never heard of ANR in those days. I have a lot of time in noisy piston airplanes and I'm not deaf yet... I don't think. :redface:

The deal with reusing foam earplugs is simple.
Throw them in your pants pocket when you are doing laundry, and they will come out almost as good as new.

Earplugs lose their resiliance when they get dirty, and they won't work effectively, so you have to use either new or clean ones, or they won't work.

The deal with reusing foam earplugs is simple.
Throw them in your pants pocket when you are doing laundry, and they will come out almost as good as new.

I tried that (in my shirt pocket), but when they came out they wouldn't roll like they used to; they actually sprang back into shape almost immediately making it almost impossible to get them in. Am I just using too cheap of ear plugs, or should avoid the bleach bath?

I just use these and avoid the headvise:

headset_image_orig.gif

I admit my memory is fuzzy, but I think the "model" that they use on the site is actually the daughter of the company owner. We met her at OSH in '06. She said she was learning to fly in her dad's Saratoga. (I admit it was a couple of years ago, so I may be fuzzy on any or all of these details :))

Back