Headset Setup Question

JMac1773

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jmac1773
My wife (bless her heart) got me an early Valentines Day gift. Imagine my surprise when I open the box and there sits a David Clark headset. HOLY CRAP!!!

Fast forward about 5 minutes and I realize they aren't aviation headsets. (Model H5030 for those of you playing along at home.) I have to give her huge props for trying, though.

My question is this: Since they are only voice-powered, can I use them for a passenger to just listen/cut down on the noise? They have a very short cord - I'd have to get a patch cord - and what looks like a standard 1/4" jack.

No R eturns possible? Not even on the down low?

No R eturns possible? Not even on the down low?

She got it on eBay so probably not. I've seen them go for around $250 new and she paid WAY less that that for them. Worse comes to worse I can list them on eBay and try to make a profit. :)

My wife (bless her heart) got me an early Valentines Day gift. Imagine my surprise when I open the box and there sits a David Clark headset. HOLY CRAP!!!

Fast forward about 5 minutes and I realize they aren't aviation headsets. (Model H5030 for those of you playing along at home.) I have to give her huge props for trying, though.

My question is this: Since they are only voice-powered, can I use them for a passenger to just listen/cut down on the noise? They have a very short cord - I'd have to get a patch cord - and what looks like a standard 1/4" jack.
I would call David Clark directly and ask if the headset can work with an electrical based intercom system (I don't think it will). If so, they probably can sell you an adapter.

I would call David Clark directly and ask if the headset can work with an electrical based intercom system (I don't think it will). If so, they probably can sell you an adapter.

I agree with this. Can it be made to work, sure, but I would see if DC has a better option for you.

If not, let me know and I can figure out something for you.

I agree with this. Can it be made to work, sure, but I would see if DC has a better option for you.

If not, let me know and I can figure out something for you.

Thanks for the ideas! I'll let ya know what I find out.

Back