Heads up TX/KS/MO/AR folks...

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
I normally don't post stuff like this because half the time I get bounced right back away from wherever I'm going...

But, I am delivering in Dallas on Thursday, and I'd say there's a decent chance I'll end up picking up a load headed back to WI for Monday, leaving me with some extra time on the trip back.

I'd love to get together with some of you in the Dallas area on Thursday if my schedule does in fact allow for it.

I'd also like to stop in the SW MO/NW AR/SE KS area on the way back (should have a goodly amount of time on Saturday if things work out) and do some flying of airplanes and armchairs with Chip, Diana, and maybe the Belews and whoever else.

Again, I emphasize that at this point this is tentative at best, but I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep y'all (whoo, must already be breathing southern air! :rofl:) posted as things unfold.

Kent,
Not in SW Mo, but if your heading up I-44, let me know, I'm at Sullivan. I will be out of town in the AM on Saturday, but should be back around 4PM.

Kent:

I'd love to see you. We can let Spike know also, he's right here at the same field. Let me know as it firms up. I'm scheduled to be traveling to the Houston area either Saturday or Sunday, but will be here other times.

Best,

Dave

I'd also like to stop in the SW MO/NW AR/SE KS area on the way back (should have a goodly amount of time on Saturday if things work out) and do some flying of airplanes and armchairs with Chip, Diana, and maybe the Belews and whoever else.
Kent, thanks for the heads-up. :) I get whiny and cranky if someone is passing through without letting me know. Even worse is if someone flies right by my house on the way to a forum fly-in and doesn't offer me a ride!

I may be going to Kansas City for the weekend, but then again I may not. If I'm around, I'd love to get together, wherever. Just keep us posted. :) It looks like we won't be able to get either of our airplanes out at this point, though.

I get whiny and cranky if someone is passing through without letting me know.

Heads up Di, I will be over your way Feb 5th/6th doing some training for the Jasper County S/O. It will be held at the old Wal-Mart that is now a church, stop in if you get a chance. I will have the shooting simulator set up and you can try it out.:yes:

Heads up Di, I will be over your way Feb 5th/6th doing some training for the Jasper County S/O. It will be held at the old Wal-Mart that is now a church, stop in if you get a chance.
Thanks Dean! I'll check the calendar. What's an "S/O" ?

I will have the shooting simulator set up and you can try it out.:yes:
Cool!!!! I don't know what that is, but it sounds like fun! :yes:

Kent,
Not in SW Mo, but if your heading up I-44, let me know, I'm at Sullivan. I will be out of town in the AM on Saturday, but should be back around 4PM.

Heh... I'm stopped at the Flying J in Sullivan right now, but I'll be headed out again in a few minutes. Not much time to spare today. :( Maybe on the way back...

Kent:

I'd love to see you. We can let Spike know also, he's right here at the same field. Let me know as it firms up. I'm scheduled to be traveling to the Houston area either Saturday or Sunday, but will be here other times.

Assuming I get something back to WI for Monday like I'm thinking/hoping... Maybe dinner in Dallas on Thursday, drive Friday, hang out with Chip/Diana on Saturday, head up toward Sullivan late Saturday plus maybe a chunk of Sunday, breakfast/lunch with Dean, and then hightail it back to WI.

We shall see... This business is good at throwin' ya for a loop now and then too. :dunno:

i dont suppose your mad dash for WI will take you through central Iowa?

Kent:

Amazing! You are coming to town, and I have a reasonably flexible schedule.

Check PM for phone, etc. Looking fwd to seeing you.

/s/ Spike

If you end up in the Jefferson City area, let me know Kent.
Love to have lunch or something, if enough time we can probably get a warrior and go up some.

Mark B.

Assuming I get something back to WI for Monday like I'm thinking/hoping... Maybe dinner in Dallas on Thursday, drive Friday, hang out with Chip/Diana on Saturday, head up toward Sullivan late Saturday plus maybe a chunk of Sunday, breakfast/lunch with Dean, and then hightail it back to WI.

We shall see... This business is good at throwin' ya for a loop now and then too. :dunno:

Sunday breakfast or lunch would work great, I am leaving Sunday afternoon for NW Missouri to teach a NIMS class.

Kent:

Amazing! You are coming to town, and I have a reasonably flexible schedule.

Check PM for phone, etc. Looking fwd to seeing you.

/s/ Spike

Maybe you guys should just fly down to Galveston for lunch. I might even let ya sit in my helicopter :goofy:

Bring Fast 'n Furious with ya too - he needs a study break.

Maybe you guys should just fly down to Galveston for lunch. I might even let ya sit in my helicopter :goofy:

Bring Fast 'n Furious with ya too - he needs a study break.

I can't make a Thursday thing :(

Oh well... there ARE a lot of good places in Galveston...

Any Cheeseheads in the Area, Please Advise!

So ... it's Thursday. When & where? :dunno:

And Laurie ... I will be in Galveston with the mighty 150 in a couple of weeks ... can I sit in your helicopter? :yes:

OK, here's an update...

I am being unloaded in Carrollton right now. When they're finished (around 1 PM or so probably), I'm gonna go find a place to shower and then I have the rest of the day/night off, as I'm picking up in Grand Prairie tomorrow.

And the weather is BEEEEE-YOU-TIFUL down here today! :goofy: :D

Sunday breakfast or lunch would work great, I am leaving Sunday afternoon for NW Missouri to teach a NIMS class.

Unfortunately, my load back north goes to MN, not WI. So, I won't be passing by you. :( Oh well, next time...

OK, here's an update...

I am being unloaded in Carrollton right now. When they're finished (around 1 PM or so probably), I'm gonna go find a place to shower and then I have the rest of the day/night off, as I'm picking up in Grand Prairie tomorrow.

And the weather is BEEEEE-YOU-TIFUL down here today! :goofy: :D

Kent:

If you're in Carrollton, you're pretty close to me. Give me a call if you want to link up. I have meetings until about 4:00.

Dave

Actually, yes... I'm going to MN, not WI. So, I'll be on 35 from KC north. I'll call ya.

I'd offer you a flight in the Diamond but I'm sure you don't have time..and we already determined that it's not exactly the most..comfortable thing for your height.

So ... it's Thursday. When & where? :dunno:

And Laurie ... I will be in Galveston with the mighty 150 in a couple of weeks ... can I sit in your helicopter? :yes:

You betcha ya, stop on by the Era hangar. I'm here til Feb. 14. Oh, can I sit in the 150? :)

Last edited:
If you're in Carrollton, you're pretty close to me. Give me a call if you want to link up. I have meetings until about 4:00.

OK, here's the deal...

I am at ADS now, Spike is on his way here, and he's been in touch with Dave as well. I dunno what we're gonna do exactly, but if you want an update, call my cell at fower one fower - tree zero fife - two fower fower seven... I'm gonna get offline now so people can actually reach me. :)

Well, dangit, looks like I'm spending the weekend in Kansas City. Sorry I'll miss the chance to visit with ya Kent. Maybe next time!

I had an excellent time tonight - Flew with Spike in a Bonanza (yes, my first :) ), then ate with Spike, Dave, and Troy. I could stand to hang out with you guys (*cough* I mean, "y'all" ;)) a lot more. :yes:

Thanks again!

Back