Heads up - Piper service letter 1229

Timbeck2

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Timbeck2
Seems that if you have a friction adjustment handle on your quadrant, then:

A. it should be on the right side
B. it should have the correct washers in the correct order.
C. make a log book entry showing compliance

Think of the children

Seems that if you have a friction adjustment handle on your quadrant, then:

A. it should be on the right side
B. it should have the correct washers in the correct order.
C. make a log book entry showing compliance

Lemme know when it's an AD.

will i guess ive been lucky, it hasnt killed me since it was put together in 1973, and it stays where I set it, i will get right on tearing it apart to check those wavy washers.......... :)

Piper sends all those who subscribe to their list emails when SBs are published. If a piper owner is not on that list, they are derelict.

Piper sends all those who subscribe to their list emails when SBs are published. If a piper owner is not on that list, they are derelict.
well, I've been called worse...:D

Hmm...went looking for it and could not find it. Weird, Piper usually sends me an email with them.

EDIT: Nevermind, found it. Interesting it was just for the PA28 line, not the 32 or 34 which also have the friction lock like that.

Last edited:
I’ll be standing by......

will i guess ive been lucky, it hasnt killed me since it was put together in 1973, and it stays where I set it, i will get right on tearing it apart to check those wavy washers.......... :)

My plan is to use my super duper camera I use for checking the valves to stick in there and verify the washers are all there and in the correct order. I'm not tearing anything apart.

Back