Heading to EFKT

ScottM

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
iBazinga!
Well if things go right I will be hoping a ride in a bugsmasher instead of a spam can for my flight to EFKT from Helsinki. One of my buddies in Helsinki is looking to fly his flying club's warrior up there. But he is not instrument rated. Since the plane is not N-registered I cannot be PIC and use my rating so we are hoping for VFR. The flight will be a night flight leaving at 9am local Helsinki time. It is a night flight as the sunrise is 1145 and sunset is 1330. Temperatures are pretty warm right now at -20C, the average is -35C for this time of year.

Airport info http://www.the-airport-guide.com/airport.php?airports_id=1116

My hotel is a short walk from the meeting center. That means each and every day I get to go outside in that WX, YIKES!! The cool thing, get it cool?, is that I leave Lapland and head straight to Hawaii at the end of the week for a well needed thaw!

Direct is a bit of a misnomer. The flight is Kittila to Helsinki to Munich (overnight layover), Munich to Chicago (overnight layover), Chicago to SFO to Kona.

Last edited:
I think one word pretty much sums it up.

WOW!

Oh, and Good Luck. We're all Counting on You!

I get to ride the spam can on Tuesday to Maui. I thought about trying to find a ferry driver that wanted some company but I did not know where to start. I will just have to suffer.

Dan

Back