Heading to Amsterdam

TomRV4

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Tom
My wife and I will be going to Amsterdam this coming Monday for a week. My wife has business there, and she will be in meetings Wednesday, Thursday and possibly Friday. That will give me some time to get out and see the sights. I'll have a rent car, and would like to check out airports around the country as well.

Any suggestions on must see places, combined with some interesting airport visits?

Thanks!
Tom

The Rijksmuseum and the Van Gogh museum are both worth a visit if art is of any interest.

(and watch out for the hordes of cyclists - they will run you down faster than a NY cabbie if you step off the curb in front of them while looking the wrong way)

Second the Van Gogh museum.

Anne Frank's house is worth a visit, too.

After that, you could head to the Heineken brewery for a tour there.

Leiden airport has a reasonable aviation museum, or at least it did a few years back when I lived in Den Haag.

All the above. I'd add the Kroller-Muller museum, too.

Also worth a short train trip down to Delft to the pottery factory.

The Red Light District is something to see. Walking around the canals is pleasant. A train to Den Hague is a good day trip.

I don't know why nobody has answered your question about the heading to Amsterdam, but it looks like about a initial heading of °045 should get you on your way.:)

OckotLBBviJ4dkQKVI0C4ILecAj58CfZy2exzBL--nQpbFjnWCpfQHM6y5IMtXvwejw0MIc9IHyZCs-0Rp3z1hIvN5FEz_IWcYoiLP6aOLvM-W7gjcy5HDYEitUkYR_nNGidf_Q9zBVB397vN5CKC6Ktjiy6nI6SoQLo2YAGz77tby37KKkx1LV4kBc24LF9KmCGcVXa3cKHl0qhyQgfImxFbdiv9vdYG1FjGXIrofS8Q1F83v5Yz_fy1LqkKmIRL0FlmqV2CpHMcZMFrs74ZTQaRPSa8cf6Kt-aXOqkCy-_cm_HrXLTZtFV5JgqYi_21Fvx_YUBBRsbweCyRaDJbOjxCRhfpQ981UY1fp08a7Kw0Hjly594Pn58KQArVNELkeCRW8Y2dKV56mUQKymC88iJpCenFikTGByygXiLUKTeb83Mx5lM5Qj6b6r3qvABQmuPaG6hIu8P1dlx4DuX43lq088L0scLNVHTJ3kU4rlZZgFI3O9a0MtwQ72rTuI_jSTrvxvX8Momrm07Ta7zCOwlnS_d4bO67pZLYJdr3OTIFdRgB6qq5XqchZpMITkLFhSZlAUhPUX1YcjY_ljiUmvLlzVsPJANyJY6oXILD1OSWh9tKg=w1004-h627-no

And look for the structure with the inscription "homo Sapiens Non Urinat in Ventum"

Thanks all for the suggestions. We're about to leave, and now that I know the heading, I suspect we'll make it and have a great time!

Tom

Well you're not exactly going at the best time of the year so bring some warm clothes. It's that wet chill your bones kind of cold. Lots of great mentions on museums also there's the Ann Frank House too and of course there's the Heineken brewery tour you don't want to miss complete with free samples at the end. They cut you off after about 16 of them though - don't ask me how I know that.

Lelystad Airport is probably the most active and happening GA airfield in the country. Amsterdam is a great city. Make sure you try some good Genever (the original gin) - their national liquor, preferably from a clay bottle.

Back