Heading Back to Gastons

Michael

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
CapeCodMichael
Well, not really...(just wanted yet another gastons title)..I am Heading back to Missery to pick up my mooney on Friday afternoon, after leaving it due to bad weather leaving gastons, got the tickets on Southwest and Mark was kind enough to setup transportation into jefferson city airport.
Places to stop on the way back...Im thinking of Meteor Crater in eastern AZ..and a friend wants me to stop by in Santa Barbara. Anyother hot spots in Missery, Texas or NM worth visiting? I have 3 days to get back home :)

Michael

someone told me you left it at a detail shop, to get the blood blisters out of the seat cushions. That wasn't right was it?

Michael - if you get hungry around New Mexico - there are two airports with restaurants along your route - Santa Fe (never tried), and Double Eagle in Albuquerque's Prop Wash Cafe (I have eaten there, it's good).

Also - the VLA is just south of Albuquerque, about 30 or so nm west of Socorro's Airport.

Bob Bement said:
someone told me you left it at a detail shop, to get the blood blisters out of the seat cushions. That wasn't right was it?

LOL Bob.

July is perfect for Leadville and Death Valley. Does Mooney have a Wichita, KS plant?

Last edited:
Michael said:
Any other hot spots in Missery, Texas or NM worth visiting? I have 3 days to get back home :)

Michael

Hey Michael, I hope you're planning to stop by Twin Oaks. I'll fly to LLU to get you and bring you back to the farm. I should get off work by 5:00. You're welcome to stay in the hangar if you want to stay the night. :)

Diana said:
Hey Michael, I hope you're planning to stop by Twin Oaks. I'll fly to LLU to get you and bring you back to the farm. I should get off work by 5:00. You're welcome to stay in the hangar if you want to stay the night. :)

How far away is LLU from JEF Diana? Mark has accepted my inventation to fly back to havasu with me. then fly back commercial as per our orriginal plan :) If his wife will let him slip out friday night, Its a deal...If not...maybe coffee or breakfast Saturday morning?

Richard said:
July is perfect for Leadville and Death Valley. Does Mooney have a Wichita, KS plant?

They are in Texas Richard, But thats an excellent idea. What are your plans this weekend Richard? Care to talk mixture? perhaps saturday night or Sunday?

Michael

Oh, that's right, we were to go over that stuff.... I'm still up for it.

My plans??? For the past 15 days I've been stuck at home nursing a wounded eye and it'll probably be another week. I only get out to go to the doc.

How I wish I could go with you.

Back