Headed to OKC...

AWACSEng

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Bill
And I need to know of good places to rent an airplane. I'll have at least 1 weekend with nothing on the schedule. I found Oklahoma Aviation at Wiley Post, but the sure are proud of their fleet of 172's. There appears to be a 152 and a 177 for rent at Shawnee. They are a possibility. Any others that you all might know of? Thanks!

Send Tristar a PM, she went to College there and would be your best resource.

Yeah, but she went to OSU. Don't know if I can talk (type) that slow! J/K. Good idea, I'll drop her a line.

BTW, not ragging on the 'Pokes, I'm not a huge Sooner fan either. Spent a few years of my life in OKC. I find it amusing to mess with both sets of fans. ;)

Dunno about the rentals down there, but if you get a chance to rent a 177, I bet you'd like it.

Trapper John

Send Tristar a PM, she went to College there and would be your best resource.

Tristan was up in Stillwater, try to get ahold of Ross Fischer he lives and goes to school in Oklahoma City. i think he works at the FBO on the NW side of town. that would be...wiley post.

Dropped you a PM but as far as I know, everything is cessnas until you get into the twins. If you're a part of OU then its cherokees but theres a small requirement of being part of the flight program. Cessna must have taken over Oklahoma, if you go to Tulsa there is something around 4 flight schools at Riverside....all cessnas.

Thanks for the info! I'll shop around. Next thing I need to figure out is the silly renter's insurace requirement. It's not needed at the DoD Aero Club I fly with, so I've never even looked into it. Guess I'll check out AOPA to see what they have to say as far as insurance goes. Anyone know if I could get a policy just for a month or two, instead of an entire year?

Crabtree in Guthrie GOK rents, but the fleet varies, and I don't know about requirements. To bad you won't be staying a while, because we have an opening in the flying club @ PWA. There might be an individual at Post that rents an older, but nice 172. If you're interested,I could call him for you.

Matt, you are the second person to mention the Tinker club. There is no club on base and the one associated with tinker at KOUN closed, afaik. I saw their website, but there was no such club while I was stationed there 2005-2007. Hopefully they reopened and that will make the decision pretty easy.

Crabtree in Guthrie GOK rents, but the fleet varies, and I don't know about requirements. To bad you won't be staying a while, because we have an opening in the flying club @ PWA. There might be an individual at Post that rents an older, but nice 172. If you're interested,I could call him for you.

Are you refering to the Engineer Flying Club? I've had my eye on them for quite some time. There is a possibility that I might end up back at Tinker next spring and was contemplating buying in if they had an open slot.

Matt, you are the second person to mention the Tinker club. There is no club on base and the one associated with tinker at KOUN closed, afaik. I saw their website, but there was no such club while I was stationed there 2005-2007. Hopefully they reopened and that will make the decision pretty easy.

Ahh, I missed that. Disregard.

Are you refering to the Engineer Flying Club? I've had my eye on them for quite some time. There is a possibility that I might end up back at Tinker next spring and was contemplating buying in if they had an open slot.

Yes. Been a member for about 10-12 years now. Good planes, good people.
We just added a 2000 172 to the stable last year. You can get an application online @ www.efcokc.com Or just drop in. We meet 1st Tuesday of the month in hanger 14. We've rolled over some of the non flying members in the last couple of months, and usually have little or no waiting time to join.

Yes. Been a member for about 10-12 years now. Good planes, good people.
We just added a 2000 172 to the stable last year. You can get an application online @ www.efcokc.com Or just drop in. We meet 1st Tuesday of the month in hanger 14. We've rolled over some of the non flying members in the last couple of months, and usually have little or no waiting time to join.

Thanks for the info. I actually visit the EFC website every other month or so just to see what's new. If I end up back in OKC, I'll take a good look at it.

Back