Headed to Branson, MO

Kaye

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
iPlaneless
Next week I'm going to catch up with my sister and her family down on Table Rock Lake. I really like what I read on AirNav about KFWB. Has anyone been there? Anything special I should know about? Any info is appreciated!

Next week I'm going to catch up with my sister and her family down on Table Rock Lake. I really like what I read on AirNav about KFWB. Has anyone been there? Anything special I should know about? Any info is appreciated!
Hey! You're going to be in my neighborhood!!!

If you go into Branson, be sure to check out the Butterfly Palace. :)

Hey! You're going to be in my neighborhood!!!

If you go into Branson, be sure to check out the Butterfly Palace. :)

I know! I'm trying to convince the husband in a tiny side-trip. Looks like I have to get him there first before other ideas are discussed.....it is my family we're visiting, ya know....:rolleyes2:

I've never been there, but if I were to go, KFWB is where I would land, avoiding the new place like the plague.

Have fun.

From the AirNav page...

[SIZE=-1]And unlike other area airports, there are no landing fees-ever![/SIZE]

KFWB(Branson West) is a very nice NEW airport, the only heads up I can give you is the AWOS that covers it is 15NM away and the winds at KFWB are usually different. SO ask or check the sock before landing. Also if you have an engine out on take off, you have two choices, trees or the lake!

I didn't realize KFWB was new. I guess I should have stated I would avoid KBBG like the plague...

I didn't realize KFWB was new. I guess I should have stated I would avoid KBBG like the plague...

KFWB is the newest to open in the Branson area, just opened this Spring. And it is much more GA friendly than KBBG. This is a City owned airport and was built with a $15 Million Federal Grant.

So what did you think of KFWB?

Unfortunately, we didn't make it.....mag issue. I talked to one of the FBO guys, and found them really nice and helpful....and then I was a no-show. :sad:

Back