Head-to-head: Foreflight, Garmin Pilot, FlyQ ???

MikeTuggle

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
MikeT
There are references to all these EFB products all over this forum but I could not find any head-to-head comparisons.

I have been using Seattle Avionics "Voyager" products for a couple of years but since they retained FlyQ when AOPA did not continue it, for that reason alone, I may get an IPad.

Still, back to the first question... do folks go with Foreflight because their friends all recommend it? Or because they really think it's the best?

Likewise, with Garmin Pilot -- if you have a G1000 plane, is it best to stay with Garmin?

What do you have to say.... pro and con?

Thanks!!!

G-1000/530/430 doesn't matter much as ForeFlight is already receiving info from the Flight Stream unit and the next release supposedly they will add the upload features as well. The Garmin Pilot interface is basically the same as the 650/750 interface though, so that has some advantages there. The thing I like best about Garmin Pilot is the global database. If you fly outside the U.S., as far as I know it's the only one you can use. Those are the reasons I went with Garmin Pilot.

I've played with a few, foreflight is by far my favorite, only thing to add is I also run FltPlan Go for flight plans and accurate fuel and times.

I don't have a head to head but I've owned all 3. At the end of the day it's Foreflight hands down - BUT there are some attributes in both the others I'd like to see FF add..

Tried foreflight and wing x pro. Foreflight was the leader at the time. Have also used FlyQ and they are progressing at a good pace. They have the most options for ADSB in products. Still prefer my foreflight.

Last edited:
Buy the iPad and you can get 30 day free trial on all of them. I ended up choosing Foreflight, just liked the interface better. The capabilities of each are fairly equal.

It's ForeFlight pulling away...

Once they finish the ForeFlight web interface, that will be a big factor as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back