He was definitely intending to land...

Hmm, realized there was a better Top Gun quote for that one...

"The defense department regrets to inform you that your sons are dead because they were stupid."

I think that is just a small segment of a longer sequence of a Dutch F16 in Afganastan. I think it is real.

the closing rate just seems off, I am going with fake

Denny, it very well could be. It has been around about 3 years and pops up ever so often. There are a couple different sites that have the whole clip and there is no mention of it being fake. However, on the internet you never know.

looks like a fake video

Oh sheesh. It was obviously done with photoshop. (the universal answer to everything that isn't in the realm of the boring mundane dribble) :loco:

How about a zoom lens? Yea, those can't make an image appear closer than it really is since closeups can only be done with photoshop. (BTW, my friends manual film camera apparently has photoshop built in too and does full editing with a single button push. :lol:)

Oh sheesh. It was obviously done with photoshop. (the universal answer to everything that isn't in the realm of the boring mundane dribble) :loco:

How about a zoom lens? Yea, those can't make an image appear closer than it really is since closeups can only be done with photoshop. (BTW, my friends manual film camera apparently has photoshop built in too and does full editing with a single button push. :lol:)

Photoshop for a film? I thought that was for photos :rolleyes2: Do you think star wars is actual footage?

I don't know if it is or not. It just looks fake to me.

I think that is just a small segment of a longer sequence of a Dutch F16 in Afganastan. I think it is real.

Ronnie who knows it could be. At the end it looks like it is over a large body of water (ocean) , that would eliminate Afghanistan ( unless it is a effect of heat coming of the sand but sure looks like water) ,

just looks funny to me

Last edited:
Photoshop for a film? I thought that was for photos

Yes, people have accused film images straight out of being developed as being photoshopped because the image is not what people expect.

People regularly accuse me of photoshopping pictures while they're still in my digital camera when I'm nice and show them the picture on the back of the camera. Figure that one out. Everything that is not boring point and shoot is often assumed to be photoshop nowadays.
Ever done any photoshop editing? It takes forever and most of the time it's easier to just toss what you've got and go take the picture properly. Putting together 22 seconds of video like that would take weeks of work.

It just looks fake to me.

I've been doing photography since I was big enough to hold a camera on my own. To me it looks like the camera is zoomed in a bit and the plane flew by relatively close. Relatively close; as in maybe a few hundred feet away, not inside the wingspread of the plane. The jumping around and discontinuity is frame update rate and a person holding the camera freehand.

My thought is it looked like a video clip from one of the many flight simulators available. No need to photoshop it.

Brian

You can Google "F16 low pass" and there are a couple of sites that show the whole clip. I do see the area you might think is water. I don't think it is but for sure if it is, it ain't Afghanistan. Like I said it is the internet, could be real and it could be fake.

Where would they find a TIDAL flat? They are supposedly a long ways from anything with a tide

Nice, he must bhave been a bit elevated or on top of a truck to get that shot.

Where would they find a TIDAL flat? They are supposedly a long ways from anything with a tide

The island of Vlieland where these videos were shot is in the north sea. Depending on the lunar phase, the difference between high an low tide is 6-10ft. There are sizeable tidal flats in the area between the island and the mainland.

That may be true but, the original clip "claimed" it was in Afghaistan. If so there is nothing tidal there. But if the location is the North Sea then of course. As I said I only know what the original clip claimed. If it is a fake, it is a pretty good one. If it is real it shows they are dumb pilots everywhere.

That may be true but, the original clip "claimed" it was in Afghaistan. If so there is nothing tidal there. But if the location is the North Sea then of course. As I said I only know what the original clip claimed. If it is a fake, it is a pretty good one. If it is real it shows they are dumb pilots everywhere.

Someone took one of the plentyful clips of F16 flybys at the Vliehorst range fire control tower off the interwebs and repackaged it with some heroic window dressing on his website. The shots were taken with a tele lens and wobbly hands, the plane was never as close to the cameraman or the ground as it seems. This could be a dutch, belgian, or US aircraft btw. as they all use the range and operate F16s.

That's not low. Hell, he's not even kickin' up dust!

In the original clip they do kick up dust, several times. Sounds like Weilke may have pegged it. His explanation makes the most sense.

Back