He got it 'one piece at a time'....

probably best spent 74K the navy ever spent. I watched 2 million get blown in 3 months on exactly "nothing" and that was done because they "had to spend it".

I would gladly vote in a law that says anyone reporting stuff like this gets to keep 10%. That's fix a whole lot of government BS.

I would gladly vote in a law that says anyone reporting stuff like this gets to keep 10%. That's fix a whole lot of government BS.

My contacts in the military are even fed up with the amount they themselves waste, it's rigged such that they 'have to spend it'.

This guy has pretty much flushed his career - both inside the Navy and out. He deserves what's coming to him - quite frankly, if he was sent to Monterey, he certainly had brains.... he had to have known better.

That said, I also concur that a lot of unnecessary spend takes place across the government due to the "spend by year end or lose it for next year" purchasing mentality.

My contacts in the military are even fed up with the amount they themselves waste, it's rigged such that they 'have to spend it'.
Nothing new there. We had the same thing back in the late 70s/early 80s. Use it or lose it. If you don't spend your entire budget this year, you don't get as much next year. End of the year we were ordering all kind of crap we didn't really need. And of course it ALL had to be done through the contract suppliers, ad 2 to 20 times the cost of the exact same items to normal people.

The guy shouldn't have done what he did. Sounds like maybe he got lulled into a lapse of morals and ethics after working too long in a completely moronic and wasteful system. Still... seeing it and doing it are two entirely different things. We all know right from wrong. He knew what he was doing.

As for headlights it had two on the left and one on the right but when we pulled out the knob all three came on.

I've seen a lot of waste in the CG/Navy, and often wondered if all Govt agencies are rigged the same way.

Waste is one thing, but what an idiot this guy is! I can't even imagine WTF he was thinking. As a LT(cmdr), it's not like he wasn't making good enough money to buy plane tickets to go see the wifey...must be more to the story!

Tony

Last edited:
Back