Hazmat Evacuation caused by a guy working on a “Capacitator” in his garage.

Oh come on! The man’s obviously mentally ill.

Also, the man who called 911 will undergo mental evaluation at a hospital and officials plan to file inducing panic charges against him

"Alpha waves."

Just as dangerous and ubiquitous as that horrific Di-Hydrogen Oxide...

Capacitator is what some well edumacated people call a capacitor.

Wait - were they trying to in-capacitate him?

RF burns? Back in the day, my old man fried a weiner (hot dog) at the end of an antenna for a relatively [ok, it dimmed the lights in the neighborhood] high-powered ham radio transmitter.
Radiation, but not the type that people should be afraid of. And 'inducing panic'? If he didn't announce it to the public, that's a BS charge. But, hey, it's Dayton, First in Fright.

christopher-lloyd-as-doc-brown-in-back-to-the-future.jpeg

There are actually guys who play with high voltage electricity as a hobby. Imagine setting up a rig to make six foot sparks in your driveway! I never got beyond engine coils and furnace transformers but some of these guys manage to scrounge a utility transformer which can produce truly alarming voltages if you feed it backwards...

But I did build a Jacob's Ladder for my daughter who's an 8th grade science teacher:

The transformer in a microwave oven can be easily rewound to make half a million volts.

You can melt some $417 and create an aurora in your garage for just a few hours of work.

Radiation? You bet!

IIRC, older capacitors had PCBs in them. Nasty stuff.

Van de Graaf generators are another fun home project. I've built several over the years.
Much easier to make these days with high voltage modules available online.
I wonder what the charges would be if the police walked in on one unawares.

Wonder if it was a normal capacitator or was it a flux capacitator?

I think it might have been an in-capacitator....

Van de Graaf generators are another fun home project. I've built several over the years.
Much easier to make these days with high voltage modules available online.
I wonder what the charges would be if the police walked in on one unawares.
A friend built one in college. Grounded it to the bathtub drain pipe. Seated it while girlfriend was taking shower....

Speaking of energy, there is a video and plans describing how to build your own rail gun.....

Back