Hazebuster Sunglasses

...look cool...I'd be interested in a pair...

I had two pair, one for driving and one for the plane. Love them in the air, they cut out the haze that is always an issue here in AZ summer time, other aircraft were easier to spot. Easy to still read the ipad

When I was shopping around, couldnt make up my mind between the Navigator or the aviator - they send me both to try and ended up purchasing both

Last edited:
I flew with prescription Serengetis for years until they became harder and harder to get. The only downside I can see for these is avoid the Polycarbonate ones if you are hard on lenses. They scratch badly.

I've got one of the haze buster clipons (from Oshkosh). Seem to work fine. I've been in the "must wear corrective lenses" for the past ten years, so I can't use the non-prescription glasses (I can't tolerate contacts, I still have some real nice unworn Raybans my sister gave me as a gift a few years back).

I have a pair of Weather Watchers which used to be sold by the Kings which I think are the same thing. They are great for cutting throught the haze. There is some issue seeming the Garmin 500 but they do work well for bringing a lot of detail to what's outside.

I've been using Maui Jim rose for as long as they've been making them.

I wear shooting glasses sometimes. Brightens everything up.

Haze scatters blue light (short wave lengths) more than longer wavelengths. These glasses block that fog of blue light and let the less scattered longer wavelengths pass through, making the edge definition of objects sharper. The enhanced brightness is a neuro-psychologic response to the improve acuity. If you use a light meter you will see the glasses reduce the total light passing through them.

They sound a lot like these (to me): http://www.blublocker.com/

Had a pair of Blublockers in high school. They were $10 sunglasses marked up to $29.99 at the time. I did like the view...they were just cheap frames and lenses.

I wear shooting glasses sometimes. Brightens everything up.

I do the same. It takes a few minutes for eyes to adjust but I have found they make everything much more clear. They break the haze down a bit as well.

I would be interested in trying these as well.

Thanks for input... but I might have solved my own question...

Cleaning out a car I purchased from auction, I found a pair of Serengetis in the case. :happydance: They are now in my flight bag to try out next time I go up.

Back