Hawker runs off runway at PDK

.........."distracted by another plane," and "felt like he was under pressure to land," as well as that there were concerns about the brakes on the Hawker.....

And the sun was in his eyes, and he left his lucky socks at home.... :dunno:

No clue how, if you had your approach under control, another plane would distract you enough to blow a landing unless you had to take evasive action. Assuming this wasn't the first time he had landed that particular aircraft the stopping performance should have been a known factor. I would wager that the landing was blown long before he threw his shadow over the numbers.

Kinda like the Jack Roush thing at OSH. They put an aircraft infront of him, he got distracted and didn't stay ahead of the plane. By the time he went to apply power for the go around it was too late. Stalled and crashed.

Went through PDK's airspace today. Always super busy there. Gotta keep your head on a swivel.

I think if he "threw a 360" into his approach at PDK, he may have landed safely, but he would be looking at a 709 ride or worse.

If he's high and fast, dive and stabilize isn't going to work either.

I see only one choice here..."Dekalb Peachtree tower, Beechjet 123AB going missed, request vectors for another approach." Easy.

Kind of makes you wonder what happened to N79TE, doesn't it?

Re-registered in 2011...

46c4ca70-bf33-35f4.jpg

(Thanks to Bart's iOS App... ;) )

P.S. Looks like one of those Delaware partnerships that Wayne dislikes so much, too. Probably some taxes due. Just guessing...

Back