Hawk Flyby

kyleb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Drake the Outlaw
Weirdness just happened.

I was in the doorway of my 2 car garage with the door open, sanding on RV-10 parts (the never-ending part of building an RV-10), when I heard "whump, whump, whump" nearby and turned my head to see what it was. It was a Hawk which went right by me, about 8' away, flew into the garage, did a half circle around the RV-10, and exited the garage 8' on the other side of me.

No red tail (so probably not a Red-Tailed Hawk, which are common here). I'm guessing a Sharp Shinned or Cooper's Hawk...

Crazy animals. I think I'll go see if SWMBO bought a pair of lovebirds or something.

Dont worry.... you’ll see him again at 8k feet when you get that plane done....

Weirdness just happened.

I was in the doorway of my 2 car garage with the door open, sanding on RV-10 parts (the never-ending part of building an RV-10), when I heard "whump, whump, whump" nearby and turned my head to see what it was. It was a Hawk which went right by me, about 8' away, flew into the garage, did a half circle around the RV-10, and exited the garage 8' on the other side of me.

No red tail (so probably not a Red-Tailed Hawk, which are common here). I'm guessing a Sharp Shinned or Cooper's Hawk...

Crazy animals. I think I'll go see if SWMBO bought a pair of lovebirds or something.
Oh shoot, man, that's a great omen! A hawk blessing your RV-10! Love it!

I hit a pair of geese after dark a few years back - sum'******* DO fly at night; felt kinda bad, so I took four loaves of bread to the lake nearby, and fed the geese and ducks, to get my karma back in order. One of the geese fussed at me quite a bit (friend? relative?), so I also apologized, told him it was an accident. He took a slice of bread, eye-balled me for a while, then chilled out. The others just ate like regular geese and ducks. Got my karma in balance. . .

Back