Hawaii: Why is it so cool?

Good point. I guess you could always go for 2 weeks and pay the month's rent. Still cheaper than most hotels....

I got a better idea! Let's get four of us to pitch in $600/each. We'll book the month, and each take one week. ;-) Sure hope my cousin doesn't read this board. he he he.

First off HNL is not IMHO a good representation of what Hawaii is. I enjoyed Maui very much but was not impressed with HNL at all. It is different from the Caribbien and should be expereinced but living on the East Cost it is soooooo much easier to get to the Caribbien. But ya gotta check it out at least once.

I got a better idea! Let's get four of us to pitch in $600/each. We'll book the month, and each take one week. ;-) Sure hope my cousin doesn't read this board. he he he.
Excellent idea! Now we just need two co-conspirators....

What's good about Hawaii?

Weather (sunny and 80 every day unless you're up in the mountains). The unusual flora and fauna. Getting a "foreign" type of experience but you don't have to exchange your money or worry about funny laws.

I spent most of my time on the big island - Wanted to see volcanoes. (Kiluea blew the day I was born. :D) There were plenty of beaches there, contrary to popular belief, and they weren't as "sterile" as the resort beaches. I tell ya what, bring a snorkel, find a sea turtle and follow 'em - They're fascinating to watch, and they swim at a leisurely pace that keeps you moving but won't tire you out.

The USS Arizona is a must-see. Make sure you have a long layover in Honolulu, at least.

Charles Lindbergh's grave is in Hana!!!

IIRC, it's about 15 minutes beyond Hana on the western edge of Kipahulu. Lots of day trippers will turn around at Hana, thus missing this site as well as the seven sacred pools (bring a towel!) and the natural beauty of the entire southeast side of the island.

How about downtown Frankfurt -- 500 EUR a NIGHT. For FRANKFURT. At least 300 GBP in London I can understand.

Cheers,

-Andrew

300 in London is relatively cheap. 350-500 GBP is more like it, at least if you're staying in the business centers. I can see 500 EUR in Frankfurt. Heck, a weekend rate in downtown Munich (for an American hotel) was well over 200 EUR... and not even during Oktoberfest.

Back