Having a tough time choosing a book...

heather.hins

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
hhins
Hello, first - thank you for all the great info on this forum, I'm more of a reader than a poster but I'm struggling finding a book.

I haven't started my training but have taken two discovery flights over the past year and rode along with a student for a couple hours. I'm pretty familiar with aviation and fly in a simulator a few times a week.

I'm looking for something easy to read but not super-basic on becoming a private pilot. (not on track to be a commercial, etc...)

I enjoy reading blogs of people's stories from start to PPL that share helpful insight along the way. Things they would have done differently, etc.

If possible, I'd like to buy it off amazon and even more perfect it would be an audio book but that's not a dealbreaker. :)

Thank you for any insight!

Hello, first - thank you for all the great info on this forum, I'm more of a reader than a poster but I'm struggling finding a book.

I haven't started my training but have taken two discovery flights over the past year and rode along with a student for a couple hours. I'm pretty familiar with aviation and fly in a simulator a few times a week.

I'm looking for something easy to read but not super-basic on becoming a private pilot. (not on track to be a commercial, etc...)

I enjoy reading blogs of people's stories from start to PPL that share helpful insight along the way. Things they would have done differently, etc.

If possible, I'd like to buy it off amazon and even more perfect it would be an audio book but that's not a dealbreaker. :)

Thank you for any insight!
Stick and Rudder by Wolfgang Langewiesche is a "must read" for any aspiring pilot, recreational, professional, or military. I truly believe that had I read this before starting my PPL training, I would have progressed much more quickly with a much greater understanding of what was going on.

Stick and Rudder by Wolfgang Langewiesche is a "must read" for any aspiring pilot, recreational, professional, or military. I truly believe that had I read this before starting my PPL training, I would have progressed much more quickly with a much greater understanding of what was going on.

Forgot to mention, that's the only aviation book I own so far - read it about 15 years ago as a kid and dug it out again. :)

I know a lot of folks who've said good things about Rod Machado's books.

I've watched a few videos with him and of course his narration on Flight Simulator. If that translated well into the books, I think they'd be good, or at least easy to read and re-read.

Back