Have you visited the Pima Boneyard in Tucson?

Kool. Did the museum awhile back, but never went to the boneyard, never even knew you could. Looks like a neat exhibit.

I tried to do the boneyard tour a couple weeks ago when I was there. Unfortunately, they sell out way ahead of time, and you can't make reservations. So I was unable to go. Same thing happened two years ago when I was there. The museum itself is worth the trip, however. They were advertising that art project all over the radio.

That's cool. I've been to the museum a couple times and took the boneyard tour once. It's definitely worth doing.

We did Pima last fall to include the Pima Air and Space Museum (with their large outdoor exhibit area), the Davis-Monthan Boneyard tour (the boneyard is not part of the PIMA museum though they conduct the bus tour of that), and the Titan Missile museum.

We were lucky in that my wife smoozed the director of the museum and we got her to conduct the tour of the Titan silo. She was actually an Air Force Missile Commander stationed there back in the day. Her insights on the whole situation as someone whose hand was on the key was quite interesting.

Kinda like desecrating the dead.

Back