Have You Had Covid? Bad News: Your Aviation Medical Examiner Needs To Know All About It

Seems a little clickbaity. Which is the standard for this author. Basically reads like they don't care unless you were put in intensive care. Which yeah, I'd expect them to care as they probably would any time you're put in intensive care.

What if you believe you had it but never got tested? My wife had it and confirmed by testing. Fever, etc. I got what amounted to a cold while she had it, but never tested but did lose my taste so pretty sure I had it.

You'd fall into the first 3 categories and they don't care. Fly on.

Parallel discussion in a thread started by Murphey

What if you believe you had it but never got tested? My wife had it and confirmed by testing. Fever, etc. I got what amounted to a cold while she had it, but never tested but did lose my taste so pretty sure I had it.
Unless you tested positive, you've never been diagnosed. Either way, if it didn't require intensive care, it doesn't really matter to the FAA.

Been tested once when I went in for my Coloscopy and the blood bank checks for antibodies I think. I've been super careful (been wearing an N95 since I got back from Australia last March). Got my second Fauci Ouchi on Sunday.

Been tested once when I went in for my Coloscopy and the blood bank checks for antibodies I think. I've been super careful (been wearing an N95 since I got back from Australia last March). Got my second Fauci Ouchi on Sunday.

Doesn't that mean you're going to test positive for the antibodies now?

Don't know. I guess the blood bank will let me know next time I donate.

Had my medical yesterday. Doc didn't ask anything about it. The FAA form had a section for hospitalization, so if you were hospitalized by Covid, then yeah the FAA would expect to see it on the form. Like any other form of hospitalization.

Had my Class III medical in February. Nothing was asked about Covid. But I did have to fill out a 3 page questionnaire on sleep apnea so get ready for that.

Back