Have you ever wanted to quit your training?

I've never considered quitting. I've hit plateaus and I've been frustrated but I never considered quitting. You spend all this money so you might as well finish.

Good morning everyone--

I'm putting together an article for an upcoming issue of AOPA Flight Training magazine; the focus is common reasons for quitting your training, and tools to combat those issues.

I'd love to hear from folks who quit--or nearly quit--and what you did or found to help you get back on track. CFIs, if you had a student in this situation, how did it play out?

This is my first time reaching out to the PoA community in this fashion, but I have met/flown with/FB'd several folks, among them Kaye, Tim Metzinger, Ben (spiderweb), Diana, Harley Reich, and of course uber-Babe Moxie. :smile:

Thanks!
Jill Tallman

I considered it because it's difficult for me to find an instructor that is going to be an instructor for a long time. Not just trying to build hours for the Airlines. A lot of the instructors that I have met won't tell you they are leaving until the last minute. I realized after going to Sun and Fun how much I love to fly and I'm going to stick with it until my training is done.

Back