Have we laughed at this guy yet?

If you are going to get mauled, an alligator would not be my first choice.....

Well... to me that there sign is a warnin' that alligators are not allowed to swim here.....

We don't tolerate swimmin' alligators in these parts.... No siree.:no:

:rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

I'm ok with this one, he was from Texas. Plus the sign was obviously wrong, there were definitely swimming alligators.

I'm ok with this one, he was from Texas. Plus the sign was obviously wrong, there were definitely swimming alligators.

I hear that steers and queers come from places outside Texas and I'll bet you don't have horns. :lol:

I hear that steers and queers come from places outside Texas and I'll bet you don't have horns.
I thought according to GySgt Hartman that Texas had only steers and queers. Pretty sure we don't have any steers in San Francisco.

More to this story than meets the eye. Gators are actually really docile, and will usually shy away from people if they can.

Tommie is the first man killed by an alligator in Texas in almost 180 years.
How'd you like to have that distinction....

I just hope he didn't procreate first.

Actually....embarrassingly...he was from St. Louis. Fenton, MO to be exact. "Moved away 7 years ago to find work."

local caught and killed the gator yesterday Texas Parks and wildlife had not done anything about it so they took the law into their own hands....a guy who went by the name of "Bear" left by boat when the game wardens showed up...

http://www.click2houston.com/news/a...ge-is-same-gator-that-killed-swimmer/34021940

Coonass Justus right there....

Yeah, like it was the gator's fault that the guy was an idiot.

Similar to when people move to the country and start killing all the wildlife that "bothers" them...skunks typically being high on the list.

Idiots.

And...BTW...most Cajuns I know consider the word you used to be just as offensive as the "N" word is to blacks.

More to this story than meets the eye. Gators are actually really docile, and will usually shy away from people if they can.

What 'more' do you need ? The gator lived at the marina and was probably habituated to humans from people feeding him fish and leftover food. Sign says 'No swimming, Alligator !' seems pretty straightforward.

And those honkey idiots are going to charge the guy with a misdemeanor.... I'd expect a "thank you" for doing their job for them.

That's what happens when cousins marry cousins

Except during mating/birthing season when they do become aggressive. As one who lived in Florida you learned when to keep your distance.

This area of Texas is more Cajun Country than Then any place else just across the Sabine River....word is they had been feeding the gator for a while and it was the marina pet. Even had a name, Marshmellow...once they loose fear of man the game is different and that's when the signs went up.

This area of Texas is more Cajun Country than Then any place else just across the Sabine River....word is they had been feeding the gator for a while and it was the marina pet. Even had a name, Marshmellow...once they loose fear of man the game is different and that's when the signs went up.

No different than people feeding the Bears at campgrounds...that's when the problems begin.

local caught and killed the gator yesterday Texas Parks and wildlife had not done anything about it so they took the law into their own hands....a guy who went by the name of "Bear" left by boat when the game wardens showed up...

http://www.click2houston.com/news/a...ge-is-same-gator-that-killed-swimmer/34021940

Coonass Justus right there....

:yes:

That.

Do us all a favor and stay in the city.

I don't live in a city.

BTW that's more of a city cop thing.

Outside of big cities, where people depend 100% on govt for everything, folks take care of things themselves and police know the diffrence between that and a real crime.

I would have liked to see that cop say something like "though we don't recommend or condone people shooting alligators like this, we are glad that the community feels safe once again, now that the gator that killed the mentally challenged man is dead"

FYI

Marble Hill has a pop density of 900 inhabits per square mile
My town has a pop density of under 35 per square mile

I also can land my plane in my back yard.

...yeah, I should stay in the city :rofl:

Last edited:
And...BTW...most Cajuns I know consider the word you used to be just as offensive as the "N" word is to blacks.

Must not know the ones I do....pretty much an endearing term around here spoken with redneck type pride...comes from the French word conasse...which is interchangeable for whore/stupid person...but modern day its been lost in the translation...Notice the name on the F-4....

coonass_militia_phantom_no__3_by_f16crewchief-d3lhmp9.jpg

Last edited:
Can confirm that it's used as a badge of honor by a certain populace in some parts of the state.

Not 10 foot gators. 3 or 4 feet, sure.

11 ft 2 inches over 400 pounds...

Marble Hill has a pop density of 900 inhabits per square mile
My town has a pop density of under 35 per square mile

Except that I don't live in Marble Hill...I live in BFE...Marble Hill just happens to be my mailing address. And I too can land a plane on my land, and have, but not regularly.

...pretty much an endearing term around here spoken with redneck type pride...comes from the French word conasse...which is interchangeable for whore/stupid person...but modern day its been lost in the translation...

I don't disagree with that at all. When I was working in LA, they called each other that all the time...but I couldn't use that reference as an outsider. Now, once one of them called me that...then I could call him that back...I had been accepted. But only by him...not in general...and I still didn't dare use that term addressing others.

Yeah, like it was the gator's fault that the guy was an idiot.

Similar to when people move to the country and start killing all the wildlife that "bothers" them...skunks typically being high on the list.

Idiots.

Every skunk that ventures around my home or hangar will die the swiftest death I can provide. They are a real problem around the airport here. I have multiple air fresheners in my hangar to counteract the stench. If putting them on ice makes me an idiot, so be it.

If the skunks regularly wander close and become a nuisance...then sure!

But I see folks picking off misc critters, that are minding their own business, at 150 yds with their deer rifle. Much of the time, just for fun, right after they hand their buddy their beer of course.

When I said "bothering them" I meant it figuratively...not literally...bad choice of words on my part..

If the skunks regularly wander close and become a nuisance...then sure!

But I see folks picking off misc critters, that are minding their own business, at 150 yds with their deer rifle. Much of the time, just for fun, right after they hand their buddy their beer of course.

When I said "bothering them" I meant it figuratively...not literally...bad choice of words on my part..

Yeah boy. Those boogers just love the airport. It's lighted, quiet, and often wet because it's on a bit of a low spot. Good place to find food, I reckon. Stinkin' bastards.

I used to zero them with a slingshot at a safe distance. Didn't kill them, just annoyed the hell out of them. Used to see them all the time walking home in So Cal. Didn't seem to deter them much. Dogs were way smarter.

The Gator's next of kin will be carrying protest signs at the next PETA rally saying "Paws up. Don't shoot".

I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I feel we have lost a fine, upstanding member of society.

a22.jpg

To each his own....

Every family has those members who are less than wrapped tightly. Sometimes that person does something spectacular and shines the light of his lack of good judgement on the whole clan.

Back