Have any CFI's tested the "new process" yet for TSA verification?

Z06_Mir

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Radna
I've got a handful of students who didn't (or couldn't due to timing) get their medical and student pilot cert prior to April 1st. I assume my student just makes an IACRA account, submits the stuff and then I have to "recommend" them from the FTN number? Anyone done this yet? If not I'll report back how it goes as I have a few I'll be attempting to do this week.

I've got a handful of students who didn't (or couldn't due to timing) get their medical and student pilot cert prior to April 1st. I assume my student just makes an IACRA account, submits the stuff and then I have to "recommend" them from the FTN number? Anyone done this yet? If not I'll report back how it goes as I have a few I'll be attempting to do this week.
That's how I understand it, but yes, please do report back with your results.

But don't you feel safer!

"Please enter airmen certificate number". BUT THEY DON'T HAVE ONE.

If they ever get the IACRA stuff working, I'll be interested in seeing if the TSA can actually turn the thing around in 3 weeks as they have promised. I have not yet had the joy of using the system for a new student so I'll be waiting to see how it works for others.

Wow... That was harder then a regular application for a rating or what I just did to renew my CFI.

I've got a bunch of different credentials: DC-3 access, KTN for PreChek, and a TWIC card. I've never found that the TSA gives a hoot about the fact they've already done essentially the same background check before. My KTN and TWIC came at the same prevailing rate than those who applied cold.

Just did my first student using the new system this morning. Wasn't any worse than a normal student recommendation.

Just did my first student using the new system this morning. Wasn't any worse than a normal student recommendation.

I tried to do one today, and it wouldn't let him continue without medical certificate information. He did say he was having issues with the browser (Internet explorer) crashing though. I couldn't help except for the initial IACRA setup because I was with another student. He got an FTN though and when I signed in as the recommending instructor I could plug it in but it said no applications. I'll try again tomorrow. The FSDO still hasn't called me back.... normally they're pretty darn good about it.

April 7th at 10:15AM.... we'll see if it's here by the 28th! Fortunately he's only had one lesson so we've got some time.

I did my first one yesterday.. Had trouble with it when it got the line for the student to sign their application. I fuzzed with it a number of times and had called the help line and got a ticket for them to call back, but then of course it went through. That was kind of the only glitch other than it being a general bother.

So, anyone know why this has started up? Wish we could use a screen shot of the application like a temp. Certificate.

First application submitted late morning 4/6/16. Student received certificate in mail on 4/15/16. Not bad. I hope they can maintain that pace.

I've got a bunch of different credentials: DC-3 access, KTN for PreChek, and a TWIC card. I've never found that the TSA gives a hoot about the fact they've already done essentially the same background check before. My KTN and TWIC came at the same prevailing rate than those who applied cold.

And having a USG security clearance doesn't count either. Even a TS or above. So one can have access to top level US secrets but still have to go through the KTN/TWIC/DC-3 background checks. "Government efficiency".

And having a USG security clearance doesn't count either. Even a TS or above. So one can have access to top level US secrets but still have to go through the KTN/TWIC/DC-3 background checks. "Government efficiency".
Yep, knew that too. Lots of us in the initial batch of DC-3 applicants fell into that category.

At least the TSA doc checkers didn't blink an eye when I used my TWIC card in the prechek lines.

Mine received his on the 18th... so only 11 days from the time we submitted! I'm relieved. Hopefully this trend continues.

still waiting on the one that we did on the 1st. Hopefully it comes soon!

I got mine in 21 days. So happens I did it on the first of April and it was sent to me on the 16th, I opened it on the 21st.

I'm guessing the variability is the background check process for the particular individual. I just had another student report he received his within ten days of applying.

Still waiting for mine. And I'm am FAA employee.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Back