Have an open copilot seat in central texas?

chocki

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
chocki
Hey airplane owning Texans,

I'm commercial/instrument rated pilot near Waco looking to fly more GA but I have a few problems:

1. In my current job I don't get to fly much
2. My local FBO is small and only rents C172s, I'd like to fly something different.
3. No budget to spend $200 every time I want to go up, and I don't want to fly by myself anyway

I was trying to find anyone in the Temple/Waco/Hillsboro area with a plane and a copilot seat wanting to share the cost of some 100LL on the weekends. Any takers?

I don't know if this is the right area for this type of post, but please move it to the best place if not.

Thanks,

Chocki

Welcome to PoA, Chocki!
Start by heading out to the airport on a weekend and talking to people. Make friends.
Did you just move to Waco or did you train out of there?

Hey,

Yeah I've lived in Waco for 1.5 years, I am from Austin originally but I don't want to drive all the way down there to fly GA if I can help it. The FBO seems pretty dead but maybe I'm just not going at the right times. I'll give it another try, but unfortunately I don't have a ton of "block" time to hang out at the airport and bs between my family and work.

Thanks,

Chocki

If you start flying pups for PnP, you should meet local Waco pilots pretty quickly too.
Any good places to eat around Waco airports? Maybe we could do a fly-in.

Find out the local hangout for the pilots,and what days they fly. Go hang around and make some friends. You will probably get your flying opportunity then.

Hey,

Yeah I've lived in Waco for 1.5 years, I am from Austin originally but I don't want to drive all the way down there to fly GA if I can help it. The FBO seems pretty dead but maybe I'm just not going at the right times. I'll give it another try, but unfortunately I don't have a ton of "block" time to hang out at the airport and bs between my family and work.

Thanks,

Chocki

In this case, though, you might Communicate, Navigate, Aviate: make an online pal here, make plans to meet up somewhere, then go flying!

If youre any fun, I might be persuaded to fly down and fly around with you when my plane gets out of Mx.

Back