Hauling Checks - a book based on Freight Dogs

I bought a copy in late 2009, and shared it with a few of my colleagues at a courier company with an air operation. Those who had more industry experience than I found it more enjoyable than I did at first. Make of that what you will.

I found it to be funny. I especially like Barbara the senile dispatcher.

Glad others found it to be funny/amusing. I didn't no offense "Freight dog" I'd rather use my reading time for other books.

Currently on it's way to another PoA member.

So twice now in the past week I've had to chuckle to myself (so people wouldn't think I was nuts) about something I read in this book. First the story about the cabin door falling off a private jet and landing on a golf course... I had to wonder if they were getting ready for an off-shore drop. :) Then another time when someone (and I will spare ALL details to protect the innocent) was doing a brisk walk to "go get a pen from the FBO" in the direction opposite an FAA field guy coming out to check over a charter operator. All I could think was, "Run for the fence!" :rofl:

But nobody gets it. It's a shame. The book really is pretty funny.

This reminds me that I need to buy the book.

Heh, just bought the Kindle version and read through it after seeing this thread. Not what I expected, but it was hilarious! Thanks!

I've got a paper copy of this in new condition, and also the electronic version. If anyone wants the paper copy, let me know. You pay the shipping, I'll send it out.

I thought it was a good read, made me laugh out loud a few times.

Back